Who We Are
Aegis Ventures is a next-generation venture capital studio that pairs entrepreneurs and industry leaders to launch and scale transformative companies. We bring together market-shaping ideas, permanent growth resources, and talented individuals, to build in three key areas of artificial intelligence, health technology, and wellness. www.aegisventures.com
Ascertain is a venture studio committed to creating the next generation of healthcare technology companies that advance outcomes at scale. Ascertain was built on the promise that cutting-edge developments in artificial intelligence, when paired with a deep understanding of healthcare, can fundamentally transform medicine.
By placing patient needs at the center of every business model, solution and product we develop, our companies enhance patient experience, improve quality of care, and address health inequities - creating a virtuous cycle of positive healthcare and commercial impact. Ascertain is closely integrated with our founding investors, including one of the largest health systems in the US, Northwell Health, to create a robust company creation platform that facilitates ideation, model creation, and product development.
About the Role
Ascertain is seeking a Senior Frontend Engineer to support us in building world-changing products with a one-of-a-kind collection of clinical, non-clinical, and operational data to transform care and improve outcomes through cutting-edge AI/ML-enabled applications. The Senior Frontend Engineer will work closely with our AI and engineering teams to execute against the product roadmap for healthcare products. The role will be hybrid in New York at the Ascertain headquarters and onsite with our partners at Northwell a few days each week.
What You’ll Do
- Support the initial launch of the Ascertain platform by building applications and services that enable positive user experiences.
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, and deployment.
- Work closely with our product team to provide requirements feedback early in the product life cycle.
- Leverage continuous deployment best practices to create fast feedback loops with our users.
- Improve our codebase through continual testing and refactoring.
What You’ll Gain
- A highly competitive compensation package, including top-tier benefits and equity in the startups that you help launch and scale.
- An unparalleled, hands-on experience in deep tech startup operations, highlighted by the chance to bring new ventures to life across the broad spectrum of healthcare technology.
- An opportunity to help lead a rapidly growing, mission-driven company with the potential to save lives and transform how clinical care is delivered.
- A chance to work with a highly talented, close-knit team who can act as a support network and sounding board throughout your entrepreneurial journey.
- Top-tier health, vision, wellness, commuter, and dental benefits.
- Exciting opportunities for career development as our team scales.
What You Have
- At least five years of software engineering experience.
- Experience developing against RESTful APIs.
- Experience working with cloud technologies.
- Experience working in an agile environment (standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc.).
- Experience working with product managers and product designers.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively within a team environment.
- Experience at a fast-paced, high-growth company is a plus.
- Experience working in regulated industries such as healthcare is a plus.
- For this role, the base salary range is $170,000 - $200,000 with an eligible cash bonus. A salary offer will be determined by several factors including experience, skill level, education, internal pay equity, and other relevant business considerations.
- Total compensation also includes a stock option grant and a competitive benefits package.
- This role is hybrid in our NYC Office and open to candidates in the US. We will offer a relocation package.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Ascertain is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer — we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We encourage you to apply regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Aegis Ventures is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer — we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We encourage you to apply regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.