Lead Life Enrichment | Activities at Aegis of Corte Madera
Seeking an energetic, compassionate, and creative leader to brighten and help create everlasting memories for our residents and families!
We looking for fun loving, cheerleader / entertaining type professionals with huge hearts to become part of our family at Aegis of Corte Madera. This is the most amazing and fulfilling career in the world for those who love working with seniors. We specialize in Assisted Living and Memory Care programming and as a Life Enrichment Director | Activity Director you will be in charge of filling our communities with love, happiness and moments of joy. We deliver a comprehensive and balanced wellness model to our residents each day featuring social, physical and cognitive enrichment programs. Most importantly, we celebrate our residents and utilize their social history and life stories as a foundation and inspiration to our programming.
As a Life Enrichment Director you cannot be shy and you must be patient. Teachers, Recreational Therapist, Fitness & Wellness Professionals, Event Planners, Musicians, Dancers, Entertainers, Aromatherapists, Cruise Directors, Gerontologists and Music, Art, Massage and Physical Therapist, are all encouraged to apply. The big key here is your ability to love our residents like they’re your own family. An entertaining personality is a major component along with compassion, organization and emotional intelligence.
- Plan, organize, and implement activities with meaningful purpose tailored to enrich lives and encourage socialization
- Publish a monthly calendar of events focused on promoting resident and family participation in a social environment
- Develop, motivate, and supervise team members
- Manage schedules and department budgets
- Plan and implement special events in and around the community
- Create an environment and sense of purpose, meaning and belonging for all residents
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a Therapeutic Recreation, Music, Art or Activities related field preferred
- Two years of activities experience preferred
- Previous Memory Care/Alzheimer's experience preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills, organized and computer / IPAD savvy
- Flexibility with schedule, including availability to work some holidays and weekends
- Must enjoy and have passion for working with the senior population
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to drive a passenger shuttle
Other cool stuff you might want to know:
- Competitive pay, excellent benefits (medical/dental/vision/401k/tuition assistance and more!), and an enjoyable work/life balance. Please feel free to ask us for a benefits summary during your interview process.
- Excellent orientation and communication with management
- Ongoing training programs and a well-defined career path. Ask us about the path to your bright future!
- Employee appreciation days (additional paid time off)
- Employee meals for just $1!
- Aegis Perks include discounts to products and services you might enjoy from discounted zoo passes to a home mortgage discount program.
Research us. Ask around:
Find out why we have been awarded the 2017 Glassdoor Employees Choice Award and Best Place to Work" numerous times @http://careers.aegisliving.com/. This really is a great place to work!