LOVE YOUR JOB, LOVE THE CULTURE, LOVE YOUR TEAM
Aegis redefines Assisted Living as you know it. Our Assisted Living Communities offer distinctive accomodations that provide our residents a sophisticated lifestyle to include the finest amenities, professional staff, enriching activities, and irresistible cuisine. Our Development and Interior Design Team push the envelope with unique design concepts that include restaurants, pools, sports dens, theaters, lounges, salons, and massage and yoga rooms that rival some of the most beautiful hotels and condominiums. We are honored to have received awards recognizing our excellence in the field of elder care at the state and national levels, with accolades from Seattle Business Magazine, Inc. Magazine, KING -5 Evening Magazine’s Best of the Best, Senior Housing Forum for Best Design as well as many Best Place to Work awards.
We are in search of an innovative Interior Designer that will become a member of our Corporate Office Development Team and will assist with the company and industry growth that is supporting the 77 million Baby Boomers planning to retire over the next two decades. The Interior Designer will report to the Executive Director of Design and will work with various members of the Leadership Team. Our Design Department manages projects for our 31 existing communities in Washington, California and Nevada and work on our new properties (7+) in development.
- Work with the Architects to produce scaled furniture drawings, reflective ceiling plans and room finish schedules. Ensure scope of work and code requirements are met. Review color boards and furniture drawings to ensure design intent is met.
- Assist the Procurement Manager with the implementation of interior design solutions for each project from concept stage through installation.
- Execute design concepts. Create and articulate clear furniture and finish direction that meets business requirements and scope.
- Work with cross functional team to ensure design direction is reviewed and approved.
- Assist with the design process. Assess scope of project, identify direction & optimal design. Propose solutions.
- Responsible for concurrent multi-site projects. Assist in establishing project budgets.
Create a vision and choose artwork for the communities to include specialty rooms, sports dens, juice bars, theaters, beauty salons, yoga studios swimming pool, and activity rooms etc.
What you’ll need to be considered:
- 5 – 8 years’ experience working in interior design and décor for the hospitality, commercial, senior living, retail &/or high-end residential industries preferred.
- Strong design experience in furniture, fabric and finish specifications required. Solid experience in color board or tray assembly.
- AutoCAD or Revit are required. 3D rendering program experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree centering on Interior Design &/or NCIDQ certification is a plus.
- Team player with the ability to manage multiple projects at once, strong organizational skills. Experience managing various design projects, installations and operations.
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Creativity, high energy, good sense of humor and an ability to work in and contribute to a fun, upbeat team and working environment.
ÁEGIS LIVING is a leading developer and operator of upscale assisted living and memory care communities. We provide a dynamic and progressive work environment where innovation and creativity is encouraged and valued.
We believe in taking care of our employees and have won numerous awards as “Best Place to Work”. Please review our website for additional company information at www.aegisliving.com and take a look at the reviews on Glassdoor.