Aegis Living is looking for an early in career Network Administrator to join our IT Support team!
As leaders in one of the fastest-growing industries in America, Aegis Living is positioned to fulfill the robust needs of America’s aging baby boomers. With one in 5 people entering retirement age in 2035, we are preparing for the baby boomers that are technologically advanced and that will expect personalized care. Aegis has 32 existing communities scattered across the West Coast with 7 more in development. We are a 23 year old company that plans to double in size within the next 10 years.
Our Communities are advancing the art of luxury Assisted Living. We offer luxury Assisted Living and Memory Care Support.
As a Network Administrator, you will serve as an advocate to ensure service quality and reliability. In partnership with our Site Reliability & Operations Team offshore, the incumbent will be responsible in keeping a smooth performance of all services and act as a first line of defense when issues arise.
The Network Administrator at Aegis Living will be responsible for the following:
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation, maintaining documentation.
- Establishes network specifications, analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements, designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Maintain network facilities in individual machines, such as drivers and settings of personal computers as well as printers.
- Maintain network servers such as Active Directory, file servers, VPN gateways, intrusion detection systems.
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Submits necessary reports and documentations
- Conduct other ad hoc tasks and duties
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
What you need to be successful in this job:
- At least 5 years of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Must have thorough knowledge and administration experience of Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016.
- Must have working experience of Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016.
- Must have working experience of Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014/2016.
- Must have experience supporting Microsoft windows 7 and 10.
- Must have thorough knowledge of Juniper/Cisco routing and switching.
- Must have experience working with VMWare vSphere and Hyper-V virtualization technologies.
- Must have working knowledge of Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) technologies and data backup technologies.
- L2/L3 Networking Fundamentals and Technologies
- Experience w/ 24x7 Monitoring Suites (Nagios/Ganglia/Sensu)
- Strong Problem Solving and Decision-Making Capabilities
- Ability to Interact/Build Positive Relationships with Clients
- Ability to Articulate Technical Concepts and/or Procedures.
Extras we would love for you to have:
- Troubleshooting and Administration of GNU/Linux Systems
- Read/Understand Open-Source Languages (PERL/Bash/GoLang)
- TCP/IP, L2-L4 Networking, Load Balancing, Routing Protocols
- Source Control Experience - Including SVN and git
- Experience w/ Medium-Sized Production Clusters - 5 9's Uptime
Additional information you might want to know:
- Competitive pay, excellent benefits (medical/dental/vision/401k/tuition assistance and more!), and an enjoyable work/life balance. Please feel free to ask us for a benefits summary during your interview process.
- Excellent orientation and communication with management.
- Employee appreciation days (additional paid time off)
Research us. Ask around. Find out why we have been awarded "Best Place to Work" numerous times, and why we're a top rated company on Glassdoor.com. This really is a great place to work!