We have nearly $500 Million invested in developing several new communities. We are currently looking to hire a Director of Operations in the Greater Seattle Area, Northern California, and Southern California. Please indicate on your cover letter which locations you are open to considering.
Meaningful work. Every day.
In a positive, caring, "Best Place to Work", and Best in Class luxury environment.
Aegis Living doesn't hire just anyone to be the General Manager of a building. We hire the best and the brightest out of the hotel and senior living industries. Then we take the time to train them and really set them up for success!
The Director of Operations is an opportunity to be set up for success as a General Manager with Aegis Living within one to three years of on the job training. The position is equal to a Hotel Director of Operations or Assistant General Manager of a hotel role. This position requires the mastery of the Care Director role in order to begin on-the-job training in other areas of community operations management.
Please watch this video about luxury hotel managers who have pivoted into this meaningful work, and then check out the job description below.
Your contributions to the team may include:
- The individual will have the opportunity to master all areas of community operations. There may be opportunities to act as an interim GM while others are on vacation, etc., as a part of the training period.
- Direct oversight of the Assisted Living department and/or Life’s Neighborhood, our nationally recognized Alzheimer’s/dementia care program
- Recruit, hire, train, manage and schedule 24-hour care staff
- Serve as liaison between residents, their families, and staff
- Ensure labor, payroll costs and expenses are properly monitored and controlled with budgeted productivity levels and cost per occupied room
- Coordinate with the Culinary Services Director for any special dietary requirements
- Actively participate in service delivery in all parts of the community including caregiving, housekeeping, food and beverage, maintenance, Life Enrichment, and more.
- Once well trained, this person may be called upon to function as the General Manager of the community on an as needed basis as part of training.
What you’ll need to excel at this job:
- 5+ years of P&L ownership for one or more of the following departments in the luxury hotel or senior living industry: food and beverage, sales, housekeeping, and maintenance.
- Stellar track record showing growth of profits, occupancy, etc. in the areas managed.
- Proficient with Microsoft product suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with employees, residents and families
- Proven to lead by example with diplomacy, empathy, consistency, humility and confidence; and possess superior customer service skills and professionalism.
- Flexibility to adapt to ongoing change and work in a fast-paced, customer driven environment. Interpersonal skills to drive collaboration, commitment and productivity when working with cross-functional teams, customers and end users. Self-starter highly motivated with high energy level.
- AA degree required, Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
Aegis Living is growing and we have a number of these opportunities available up and down the West Coast.
BENEFITS: Rewarding the People Behind Our Success
- Directors of Operations and General Managers are invited to attend our annual EPIC meeting. Empowering People Inspiring Consciousness is a three-day celebration of the human spirit and seminar for self-improvement. We feed our leaders mind, body and soul, so that they may go back and share all that they learned with our staff in the field.
- We have an incredible Employee Lifestyle Improvement Program that helps our leaders with staff retention.
- Employee meals for just $1!
- Competitive pay, excellent benefits (medical/dental/vision/401k/tuition assistance and more!), and an enjoyable work/life balance. Please feel free to ask us for a benefits summary during your interview process.
- Excellent orientation and communication with management
- Ongoing training programs and a well-defined career path. Ask us about the path to your bright future!
- Employee appreciation days (additional paid time off)
- Aegis Perks include discounts to products and services you might enjoy from discounted zoo passes to a home mortgage discount program!
Research us. Ask around. Find out why we have been awarded "Best Place to Work" numerous times, and why we're a top rated company on Glassdoor.com. This really is a great place to work!