DO YOU WANT TO LOVE YOUR JOB, LOVE YOUR TEAM AND LOVE THE MISSION?
Join us at Áegis Living Napa
The Health Services Director (HSD) is an integral member of the management team of their community, contributing health care leadership and expertise to promote an environment of optimal living for residents. The HSD reports directly to the General Manager and collaborates closely with the community Marketing Director and Care Director to ensure best in class experience for the well-being of resident and families. Works closely with the Vice President of Nursing and Care, Regional Nursing Leaders, and Vice Presidents of Operations to ensure alignment of Áegis care expectations.
As a Health Services Director, your responsibilities will include:
- Practice Áegis nursing philosophy which includes caring, compassionate and respectful care to plan, organize, implement, and evaluate resident healthcare. Build partnerships in a professional, approachable and respectful manner with residents, families, referrals, and ancillary vendors to lead the direction of resident care promoting resident independence, self-care, and stability of medical conditions.
- Conduct resident assessments including pre-admission, move-in, 14 days post-admission, change of condition, and quarterly. Conduct ancillary assessments, creating temporary services plans and additional updates as
- Provide early diagnosis of resident health changes. Use Áegis policies and established best practices to identify changing resident health care needs and initiate appropriate response, which includes contacting primary care provider and families and consulting with other health care practitioners as needed and approved.
- Oversee and deliver appropriate dementia care through current proven care Communicate individualized care needs and provide direction to nursing and care staff through documented service plan.
- Schedule, plan, and prioritize nursing activity with Wellness Nurse and/or Care Director as outlined in resident service plans to include oversight of medication administration, stepping in as needed to administer medications.
- Ensure availability 24/7 for emergency health care related calls and respond to clinical issues in a timely manner when needed.
- Manage record keeping technology resources effectively including eMARS, EHR and other tools to promote resident safety and ensure resident privacy and confidentiality.
- Lead community nursing operations to include selection of highly capable staff. Responsible for hiring Wellness Nurses and participates in hiring process for Medication Care Managers, Care Directors and other critical community staff.
- Ensure continuing education is provided and skill levels remain current for all care staff. Provide routine performance feedback, team development, coaching, and mentorship for all nursing staff.
- Develop a collaborative and efficient workplace by partnering with community leaders (General Manager, Marketing Director, and Care Director) to ensure all staff are appropriately trained in care services.
- Manage the community health services department budget and expense control which includes collaborating with Care Director to determine most efficient and effective staff levels and scheduling.
Regulatory Safety and Compliance
- Ensure community compliance with state agency regulations by overseeing all health services record-keeping processes with timely and organized documentation to include progress notes, internal documents, incident investigations and other necessary communications.
- Implement nurse delegation services when appropriate and update nurse delegation documents as required by state. Oversee and train nurse delegated care managers to perform nursing tasks as the Registered Delegating Nurse.
- Understand and implement policies pertaining to safety and infection control and demonstrate practices to control the spread of communicable illness. Implement preventative sanitary practices. Coordinate the annual flu vaccination program for the community. Teach handwashing and other infection control practices to staff and residents.
What you'll need as a Health Services Director:
- Current and valid state approved Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse license.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience delivering quality care in a primary care or other preventive care environment to include at least one year of charge nurse, nursing supervisor or other team leadership experience.
- Experience in geriatric nursing or gerontology, including education in the aging process, memory decline and related behavior management highly preferred.
- Expertise in most up-to-date safety and infection control.
- Experience building and leading effective nursing teams including hiring and training
- Demonstrated organization and administrative skills in Microsoft Office suite and other software applications including electronic medical records.
- Proven aptitude for cross-functional collaboration ensuring successful outcomes for all parties.
Other cool stuff you might want to know:
- Competitive pay, excellent benefits (medical/dental/vision/401k/tuition assistance and more!) and an enjoyable work environment and team.
- Ongoing training programs and a well-defined career path. Ask us about the path to your bright future!
- Employee appreciation days (additional paid time off)
- Employee meals for just $1!
Research us. Ask around.
Find out why we have been awarded "Best Place to Work" numerous times at https://careers.aegisliving.com/ and why we're a top rated company on Glassdoor.com https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Aegis-Living-Reviews-E199051.htm
This really is a great place to work!