Aegis Living is looking for future General Managers as we continue to grow. If you would like to be considered for opportunities 6 months to a year or longer in the future, please apply!
As leaders in one of the fastest-growing industries in America, Aegis Living is positioned to fulfill the robust needs of America’s aging baby boomers. With one in 5 people entering retirement age in 2035, we are preparing for the baby boomers that are technologically advanced and that will expect personalized care. Aegis has 32 existing communities scattered across the West Coast. We are a 22 year old ocmpany that plans to double in size within the next 10 years. We are approaching $3 billion in real estate assets and currently have a half a billion dollars invested with 7 new communities under development.
Our Communities are advancing the art of luxury Assisted Living. We offer luxury Assisted Living and Memory Care Support. As our General Manager, you will provide premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details to our residents and family members. At Aegis Living, we are united by our passion for service. We strive to create a lifestyle for our residents that is vibrant, joyful and unexpected. And because of this dedication, our standards are high. We not only serve our residents, but we also serve our employees. We put our employees first to create a supportive workplace that, in turn, better serves our residents.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The General Manager (GM) will provide proactive leadership, overall direction, administration, and management of all aspects of the community to include effective employee management and solid financial performance. The General Manager will also ensure fulfillment of our commitment to provide residents with excellence in quality and an upscale senior living environment unequaled in the industry.
The GM will report directly to the Vice President of Operations and will independently operate an inspiring and professional property that reflects excellence and an “above the line” creative environment. He/She will provide visible, proactive leadership in creating and maintaining the highest standards of customer satisfaction relating to facilities, food service, activities, housekeeping, staff interactions, and resident care.
Duties and responsibilities of the General Manager include the following:
- Responsible for the financial performance of the community, operating within the approved budget, meeting or exceeding established outcomes and the company’s targeted operating income.
- Foster a strong, cohesive team environment that builds confidence and strong morale among staff and high staff retention.
- Lead the marketing and positioning of the community through personal involvement with strategy and sales initiatives.
- Become the focal point for senior living in the area. Clearly communicates the image and brand of the company.
- Build positive relationships with residents of the community, their families and staff members.
- Ensure compliance with state and other government regulations.
- Hire, develop and retain multi-functional teams.
Required Skills, Experiences and Competencies:
- Sales skills: Has either direct experience overseeing sales or has significant accomplishments in building a customer service experience. Understands the sales process from generating prospects, using analytics & closing agreements.
- Financial Acumen: Nimble in managing both top-line results and expense control. Strategically manage pricing to consistently accomplish business goals.
- Operational Excellence: Demonstrates operational excellence by applying company standards while holding his/her team accountable. Has experience successfully managing volatile business cycles and operations and consistently delivering results/outcomes.
Industry experience includes, but is not limited to:
- 5+ years as a top performing luxury hotel or senior living General Manager
- Director of Operations overseeing multiple revenue generating departments allowing significant financial, marketing and operational accomplishments
- Regional Director in luxury Real Estate
- Regional leader in first class retail or lifestyle organizations
- Minimum P&L responsibility of $6 Million dollars
- Experience hiring, developing and retaining large teams.
Strong and Compelling Leadership:
- High Judgement and Diplomacy: Seeks diverse perspectives and critical input, manages an appropriate sense of urgency with the team which motivates them to perform at a higher level.
- Effective & balanced Conflict Resolution experience.
- Servant Leadership & Aegis Culture Fit: Is mission-oriented and purpose-driven. Demonstrates a joy in serving others. Is a humble, compassionate and authentic leader. Tenacious in reaching ambitious goals and driven by success for the company. Loves learning and always seeks to improve him/herself.
- Hires and Develops the Best: Demonstrated success in selecting, developing and retaining large teams of front-line staff. Hires caring, talented and motivated people, inspiring them to deliver their best.
- Education: Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.