Culinary Services Director
"Apply" to our Culinary Services Director (CSD) Talent Pool for future consideration for any of our locations. We have nearly $500 Million invested in developing several new communities. We want to know about good talent, and keep you in mind as people move up and around within Aegis Living.
Áegis is committed to attracting the very best employees. By “best” we mean the most caring and compassionate; the most professional and attentive; the most responsive to our residents' needs; and the most universally committed to making a difference in every community we serve.
Your contributions to the team may include:
- Ability to operate a fun and professional department that reflects excellence and “above the line” creative environment
- Visible, proactive leadership in creating and maintaining the highest standards of customer satisfaction relating to food service
- Responsible for working with other departments to provide specialty food offerings and services for special events
- Responsible for developing menu cycles compliant with dietary criteria as required by local regulations. Prepare food and guaranteeing food quality, appearance and presentation standards
- Assist Marketing Director by “showcasing” culinary services in the community to prospective residents, families, and vendors
- Provide weekly and quarterly communications/reports to General Manager regarding staffing, culinary budget, operational issues, and vendor relations
- Foster a strong, cohesive team environment that builds confidence and strong morale among staff and high retention
What you’ll need to rock this job:
- 3 or more years of experience as a chef and culinary manager required.
- Knowledge in all areas of menu planning, food preparation, and production
- Experience working on cruise ships, country club and/ or batch cooking a plus.
- Knowledge in all areas of local health department, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies
- Knowledge of management finance
- Knowledge of computers and software applications including Word and Excel
Other cool stuff you might want to know:
- Competitive pay, excellent benefits (medical/dental/vision/401k/tuition assistance and more!), and an enjoyable work/life balance. Please feel free to ask us for a benefits summary during your interview process.
- Excellent orientation and communication with management
- Ongoing training programs and a well-defined career path. Ask us about the path to your bright future!
- Employee appreciation days (additional paid time off)
- Employee meals for just $1!
- Aegis Perks include discounts to products and services you might enjoy from discounted zoo passes to a home mortgage discount program!
- Research us. Ask around. Find out why we have been awarded "Best Place to Work" numerous times, and why we're a top rated company on Glassdoor.com. This really is a great place to work!
If you are interested in becoming a Caregiver for Áegis Living, we encourage you to submit your resume to Jhon Vargas at Jhon.Vargas@aegisliving.com or Contact Jhon Vargas at (425) 284-1611