The Life Enrichment Assistant:
· Promotes the three principles of assisted living: offering choice, maintaining dignity, and promoting individuality to create an environment of Optimal Living for all residents.
· Coordinates and implements programs that meet the social, physical, and emotional needs of the residents, relying on the residents’ Life Story, interests, and preferences as the basis for the program components.
· Responds to the direction of the Life Enrichment Director to provide activities that promote resident participation.
II. SUCCESS FACTORS
Success factors are the combination of skills, attributes and behaviors that, when applied, produce individual and organizational success.
· Commitment to high quality standards and service
· Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality for residents and staff
· Demonstrated initiative to learn and apply new skills
· Demonstrated organizational skills
· Commitment to continuous improvement
· Strong communication skills (oral and written)
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills
· Effective conflict resolution skills
· Demonstrated passion and Aegis mission orientation
III. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
The following position responsibilities are essential functions of the position. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with or without requested accommodation.
· Get residents to be active
· Assist in creating new and innovative activities
· Assist with internal activities and field trips
· Assist in finding outside vendors for activities
· Communicate effectively
· Practice effective team behavior
· Demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships
· Is organized and manages time effectively
· Build resident and family satisfaction
· Manage resources effectively
IV. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Two years’ experience working with the elderly in assisted living, adult day care, or related field
· High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
· Experience in Life Enrichment program implementation
· A valid state driver’s license and any specialized licenses (or the willingness and capability to acquire) required to operate multi-passenger vehicles (state specific)
· Certification in an accredited Life Enrichment training course preferred
· Skilled at building relationships with residents
· Must meet all health requirements, including acceptable results on TB screen.
· Must meet State requirements on criminal background check.
· Must be a minimum age of 18 years old.