JOIN AEGIS LIVING - LOVE YOUR JOB, LOVE YOUR TEAM, LOVE THE MISSION!
As leaders in one of the fastest growing industries in America, Aegis Living is positioned to fulfill the robust needs of America’s aging baby boomers with half billion dollars invested in a dozen new communities under development.
Aegis Gardens- Newcastle is one of our newest senior living communities designed for all who celebrate Asian culture, authentic cuisine, activities and exquisite décor. Opened in early 2018, the multilingual staff provide compassionate care to meet the needs of residents speaking Mandarin, Cantonese, English and other languages. Building upon nearly 20 years of success with Aegis Gardens in California, dedicated care managers have blended Eastern and Western approaches to health and well-being to nurture each resident’s mind, body and spirit daily.
Aegis Gardens-Newcastle is a national award winner for Architect & Design, Best Assisted Living from Senior Housing News 2017. The award honors innovative design that improves the lives of residents. The adjacent Stan Head Cultural center is an inviting gathering place, hosting influential speakers, cultural exhibitions and performing arts, enriching the lives of all neighbors in the Seattle/Eastside area. Aegis Gardens also hosts a preschool, bringing children and seniors together to engage and share wisdom across generations.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The General Manager (GM) will provide proactive leadership, overall direction, administration, and management of all aspects of the Aegis Gardens- Newcastle campus to include effective employee management and solid financial performance. The General Manager will also ensure fulfillment of our commitment to provide residents with excellence in quality and an upscale senior living environment unequaled in the industry.
The GM will report directly to the Vice President of Operations and will independently operate an inspiring and professional property that reflects excellence and an “above the line” creative environment. He/She will provide visible, proactive leadership in creating and maintaining the highest standards of customer satisfaction relating to facilities, food service, activities, housekeeping, staff interactions, and resident care.
Duties and responsibilities of the General Manager include the following:
- Responsible for the financial performance of the community, operating within the approved budget, meeting or exceeding established outcomes and the company’s targeted operating income.
- Foster a strong, cohesive team environment that builds confidence and strong morale among staff and high staff retention.
- Lead the marketing and positioning of the community through personal involvement with strategy, deployment and sales initiatives.
- Clearly communicate the image and brand of the community.
- Become the focal point for senior living in the area. Serve as a resource and “go-to” person for those who are interested in a senior living experience.
- Build positive relationships with residents of the community, their families and staff members.
- Ensure compliance with state and other government regulations.
- Manage all department heads of the community.
Required Skills, Experiences and Competencies:
- Sales skills: Has either direct experience overseeing sales or has significant accomplishments in building a customer service experience. Understands the sales process from generating prospects, using analytics & closing agreements.
- Financial Acumen: Nimble in managing both top-line results and expense control. Strategically manage pricing to consistently accomplish business goals.
- Operational Excellence: Demonstrates operational excellence by applying company standards while holding his/her team accountable. Has experience successfully managing volatile business cycles and operations and consistently delivering results/outcomes.
- Industry experience includes, but is not limited to:
- 5+ years as a top performing luxury hotel or senior living General Manager
- Director of Operations overseeing multiple revenue generating departments allowing significant financial, marketing and operational accomplishments
- Regional Director in luxury Real Estate
- Regional Head in first class retail or lifestyle organizations
- Minimum P&L responsibility of $6 Million dollars,
- Overseeing food and beverage, sales, housekeeping, and maintenance
- Staff of 50 or more.
- Opening experience highly preferred.
- Strong and Compelling Leadership:
- High Judgement and Diplomacy: Seeks diverse perspectives and critical input, manages an appropriate sense of urgency with the team which motivates them to perform at a higher level.
- Effective & balanced Conflict Resolution experience.
- Servant Leadership & Aegis Culture Fit: Is mission-oriented and purpose-driven. Demonstrates a joy in serving others. Is a humble, compassionate and authentic leader. Tenacious in reaching ambitious goals and driven by success for the company. Loves learning and always seeks to improve him/herself.
- Hires and Develops the Best: Demonstrated success in selecting, developing and retaining large teams of front-line staff. Hires caring, talented and motivated people, inspiring them to deliver their best.
- Education: Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.