This job is located at Aegis of Queen Anne on Galer, 223 West Galer St. Seattle, WA 98119.
Being a Caregiver/Medication Caregiver at Aegis Living is an opportunity to…
- Start your career in one of the growing industries in the U.S.
- Become a part of a company that is changing how people think about Assisted Living
- Promote the dignity and independence of senior adults, and treat our residents like they were your own family
- Join a company that cares about and promotes your professional development
- Gain the experience you need for nursing school or other healthcare careers (we train new Nursing Assistant Certified Caregivers and Home Care Aides!)
As a Caregiver/Medication Caregiver, your contributions to the team may include:
- Provide physical care to residents and assist with activities of daily life (dressing, bathing, toileting, grooming, etc.)
- Serve meals to residents prepared by our culinary team
- Learn residents’ likes/dislikes and Personalize their care to meet their needs and preferences
- Ensure residents Receive appropriate care and make note of changes in condition
- Help to engage and encourage residents to participate in activities
- Promote dignity and independence of residents and build trust with residents and their family members
- Dispense medication to residents (if Medication Caregiver)
- Maintain records of medications administered (If Medication Caregiver)
What you’ll need to rock this job:
- Compassion and patience
- Ability to be a team-player
- Flexible schedule (weekend availability preferred)
- Experience working with seniors or individuals with Alzheimer’s disease/Dementia preferred
- Must be able to pass background check, physical exam, and TB testing
You will not be considered for this position unless you are currently enrolled to complete your Nursing Assistant Certification or Home Care Aide Certification, or have already completed them. Proof of certifications or enrollment required to be considered for this position.
Other cool stuff you might want to know:
- Competitive pay, excellent benefits (medical/dental/vision/401k/tuition assistance and more!), and an enjoyable work/life balance. Please feel free to ask us for a benefits summary during your interview process.
- Excellent orientation and communication with management
- Ongoing training programs and a well-defined career path. Ask us about the path to your bright future!
- Employee appreciation days (additional paid time off)
- Employee meals for just $1!
- Research us. Ask around. Find out why we have been awarded "Best Place to Work" numerous times, and why we're a top rated company on Glassdoor.com. This really is a great place to work!