Looking for a place where you will LOVE YOUR JOB, LOVE YOUR TEAM AND LOVE THE MISSION?
Join Aegis as a RN CARE STAFF EDUCATOR
Aegis Living is growing! We have 31 Communities in WA, CA and NV and are continuing in our growth with an additional 7 in development! Due to our continued growth, we are in search of a talented RN Care Staff Educator that can design, implement and become program manager/trainer for an in-house nursing assistant certification academy!
Aegis offers luxury Assisted Living and memory care in communities that are designed to celebrate life and provide loving care for our residents. As an RN Care Staff Educator you will provide NAC/CNA training to our dedicated and loving Greater Seattle care team; those that support and enrich the lives of our residents on a daily basis. This position is tasked with designing, implementing and leading the methodology and processes to help us train the talented line staff we need to support our business growth while protecting our “Best Place to Work” culture. The RN Educator will report directly to the Chief People Officer. This role will provide care staff training at two of our Greater Seattle Community sites.
Please take a moment to learn about some of the wonderful people who comprise the heart of what we do: Our Care Staff.
THE DAY BY DAY:
The Aegis Living RN Care Staff Educator will lead the design & implementation of the Nursing Assistant Certification (NAC) Program that will meet WA Department of Health requirements. Become the subject matter expert and align curriculum content, competency and evaluation methods. Facilitate classroom training of the NAC program for all eligible care givers in two Aegis Living Communities in the Greater Seattle area. This program will allow new and existing care givers to receive intercompany NAC training & certification.
- Collaborate with Corporate/”Home Office” Health Services Team and create course objectives in 10 competency areas, with outlines, behavioral objectives and learning activities. Develop training program education materials to include creation of training curriculum (i.e. manuals, presentation decks, assigned learning activities through reading, videos, lectures, group work, role play, skills practice and clinical practice) as is mandated by WA Dept of Health. Develop additional Aegis specific content as needed.
- Define, implement and certify an Aegis based NAC training program with a minimum of 85-hour training to include 35 hours of classroom training and a 50-hour clinical program. Structure the program to support optimal teaching and learning.
- Support Aegis communities to become certified locations for clinical training.
- Implement, Organize, manage logistics & deliver the NAC training program in a classroom setting at two of our local Greater Seattle Community sites. Work as Program Manager and Trainer with objectives that reflect student learning outcomes / how students will perform observable demonstrations of learning and mastery.
- Create evaluation processes to assess mastery of competencies.
- Track and maintain students records to include attendance dates, test results, skills evaluation checklists and documentation of the course outcome.
- Current WA Registered Nursing license that is active and in good standing.
- Ability to apply for and be accepted as the WA State Department of Health Nursing Assistant Training Program Director & as Health, Nursing Assistant Training Instructional Staff.
- NAC or clinician training experience with a minimum of one year of experience teaching adults. Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing or NAC program training experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills with a passion for teaching and developing others.
- Ability to communicate effectively with dynamic presentation skills while utilizing multiple training techniques and able to adjust to individual learning styles. Experience reassessing and improving on existing processes.
- Excellent time management, organizational, communication skills, and proven effectiveness with managing by influence
- Proficiency in computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word). And the ability to navigate internet-based tools.
- Ability to travel for work to training locations and to the Aegis Living Corporate/Home Office. Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and auto insurance is required.
- Experience nurturing a positive culture in a workplace that positions its employees at the center of its business strategy and success
We are excited about the opportunity to provide intercompany training for our caregivers! With your clinical knowledge, program development experience, people skills and training ability, together we will make a difference in the lives of others on a daily basis.
RESEARCH US – CHECK US OUT. www.aegisliving.com/careers
This really is a great place to work!