DO YOU WANT A JOB MAKING PEOPLE’S LIVES BETTER?
Join Áegis Living as a LIFE ENRICHMENT DIRECTOR!
Áegis is committed to attracting the very best employees. By “best” we mean the most caring and compassionate; the most professional and attentive; the most in-tune to our residents' needs; and the most universally committed to making a difference in our memory care community every day.
Your contributions to the team will include:
- Design, coordinate, and conduct creative, thematic, interactive and fun activities & special events for our Life's Neighborhood (Alzheimer's & dementia) residents (and family members)
- Strategically plan the monthly activity calendar and support its execution
- Motivate residents to participate in daily activities suited to their individual abilities and interests
- Partner with loyal vendors and organizations to enhance a variety of activities
- Maintain consistent and positive communication with family members/POAs through email, phone and the Life Enrichment Tracker
- Co-lead Life Enrichment team in a professional, positive and supportive manner
- Maintain a professional and caring attitude towards all residents, staff members and guests
- Be team oriented and collaborative with fellow directors and staff members
- Drive residents in community bus (no CDL required)
What you’ll need to rock this job:
- One year experience working with seniors in assisted living/memory care or related field required
- One year experience in activity program planning and development required
- Two year degree or certification in an accredited activity training course preferred
- Experience working with and understanding of Dementia and Mental Health required
- Caring and compassionate ‘can do’ attitude
- Always promote and support a positive community and workplace culture
- Solution based with strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to use computers to design/manage flyers, newsletters, calendars, schedules, and correspondences
- Be passionate, creative, fun and in love with each and every activity
- Flexible schedule
- Valid, clean driver’s license
- Experience with or involved in music or art therapy? This is a big plus!
Other cool stuff you might want to know:
- Competitive pay, excellent benefits (medical/dental/vision/401k/tuition assistance and more!), and an enjoyable work/life balance. Please feel free to ask us for a benefits summary during your interview process.
- Excellent orientation and communication with management
- Ongoing training programs and a well-defined career path. Ask us about the path to your bright future!
- Employee appreciation days (additional paid time off)
- Employee meals for just $1!
- Aegis Perks include discounts to products and services you might enjoy from discounted zoo passes to a home mortgage discount program!
- Research us. Ask around. Find out why we have been awarded "Best Place to Work" numerous times, and why we're a top-rated company on Glassdoor.com. This is a really great place to work!