Apply to our General Manager Talent Pool for future consideration for any of our locations. We have nearly $500 Million invested in developing several new communities. We want to know about good talent, and keep you in mind as people move up and around within Aegis Living.
Meaningful work. Every day.
In a positive, caring, "Best Place to Work", and Best in Class luxury environment.
As a relatively small, privately owned company, Aegis Living doesn't answer to shareholders. We are able to invest in our people and resources to make our communities truly the best in the industry. Since our inception in 1997, we have built a culture, with commitment and soul, providing one-of-a kind care services, while catering to the unique interests, comforts and preferences of more than 40,000 residents – all while delivering the strongest staff and client satisfaction scores in a highly profitable business operation.
As leaders in one of the fastest growing industries in our economy, we are positioning ourselves for the robust needs of America’s aging baby boomers with a half billion dollars invested in nearly a dozen new communities under development.
We're a top rated company on Glassdoor and have been voted "Best Place to Work" a number of times. It all comes down to our people. We hire the best. And we hire compassionate hearts. Our General Managers are critical to setting the tone of a community. Please watch this video about luxury hotel managers who have pivoted into this meaningful work, and then check out the job description below.
The General Manager (GM) will provide proactive leadership, overall direction, administration, and management of all aspects of the community to include effective employee management and solid financial performance. Ensure fulfillment of our commitment to provide residents with excellence in quality and an upscale senior living environment unequaled in the industry.
The GM will independently operate a fun and professional property that reflects excellence and an “above the line” creative environment. He/She will provide visible, proactive leadership in creating and maintaining the highest standards of customer satisfaction relating to facilities, food service, activities, housekeeping, staff interactions, and resident care.
Your contributions to the team may include:
- Responsible for the financial performance of the community, operating within the approved budget, meeting or exceeding established outcomes and company’s targeted operating income.
- Foster a strong, cohesive team environment that builds confidence and strong morale among staff and high staff retention.
- Lead the marketing and positioning of the community through personal involvement with strategy, deployment and sales initiatives. Lead and coach sales team to respond quickly as market conditions change.
- Clearly communicate the image and brand of the community.
- Become the focal point for senior living in the area. Serve as a resource and “go-to” person for those who are interested in senior living.
- Build positive relationships with residents of the community, their families and staff members.
- Ensure compliance with state and other government regulations.
- Manage all department heads of the community.
What you’ll need to excel at this job:
- 5+ years as a luxury hotel or senior living General Manager or top performing Executive Director, with a minimum P&L responsibility of $6 Million dollars, overseeing food and beverage, sales, housekeeping, and maintenance. Hotel opening experience highly preferred.
- 5+ years managing operations with 50 or more employees
- Proficient with Microsoft product suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with employees, residents and families
- Proven to lead by example with diplomacy, empathy, consistency, humility and confidence; and possess superior customer service skills and professionalism.
- Flexibility to adapt to ongoing change and work in a fast-paced, customer driven environment. Interpersonal skills to drive collaboration, commitment and productivity when working with cross-functional teams, customers and end users. Self-starter highly motivated with high energy level.
- Hotel opening experience highly preferred.
- AA degree required, Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
- Directors of Operations and General Managers are invited to attend our annual EPIC meeting. Empowering People Inspiring Consciousness is a three-day celebration of the human spirit and seminar for self-improvement. We feed our leaders mind, body and soul, so that they may go back and share all that they learned with our staff in the field.
- We have an incredible Employee Lifestyle Improvement Program that helps our leaders with staff retention.
- Competitive pay, excellent benefits (medical/dental/vision/401k/tuition assistance and more!), and an enjoyable work/life balance. Please feel free to ask us for a benefits summary during your interview process.
- Excellent orientation and communication with management
- Ongoing training programs and a well-defined career path. Ask us about the path to your bright future!
- Employee appreciation days (additional paid time off)
- Employee meals for just $1!
- Aegis Perks include discounts to products and services you might enjoy from discounted zoo passes to a home mortgage discount program!
- Research us. Ask around. Find out why we have been awarded "Best Place to Work" numerous times, and why we're a top rated company on Glassdoor.com. This really is a great place to work!