We are currently seeking a Housekeeper | Office Janitor | Custodian for the Aegis Living Corporate Office, in Bellevue, WA
Our new Bellevue headquarters opened in spring 2017, and is regarded by our team as a very special place to work! We have a upbeat and happy team environment, it has abundant natural light, a bistro with meals made by our own chef, several rejuvenating hubs and a tree house meeting room!
Our Housekeeper | Janitor | Custodian will assist in keeping our office and adjacent areas sparkling clean and inviting to our employees and guests. She/he will report to the Real Estate Asset Manager. This is full time work from Monday through Friday from 11 am – 7 pm. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits (medical/dental/vision/401k/tuition assistance and more!) and an enjoyable work environment and team.
Essential Job Duties: Clean all common areas and offices of the property to assure the building is clean at all times. This includes, but is not limited to the general and deep cleaning of all offices and common areas, furnishings, fixtures, ledges, floors:
- Clean offices and common areas to include the cleaning of hallways, office windows/doors, stairways, elevator, garage and outside common areas.
- Bathrooms: fixtures. toilets, shower, sinks, mirrors, floors etc.
- Kitchens: refrigerators, microwaves etc. Run the dishwashers and empty / put away dishes daily
- Entrance/exit ways, recreational areas and tree house
- Floors: sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc.
- Carpets: vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting; walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.
- Remove dirt, dust, grease, film, etc. from surfaces using proper cleaning and disinfecting solutions.
- Discard waste/trash into proper containers and replace trash receptacle liners, etc.
- Interior window cleaning as needed.
- Inventory and stock supplies for cleaning products & paper products
- Perform heavy cleaning tasks and other duties as consistent with the position and as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Follow the work/cleaning schedule as closely as practical
- Assist in the marketing of the office by always displaying a positive and professional image through actions and dress
- Display tact and friendliness when dealing with office employees and guests
- Assist with large copy or other office jobs as requested.
Report any health, safety and /or sanitation concerns to the supervisor; including reporting any office conditions that need attention by other departments:
- Knowledge of and use all appropriate safety and protective equipment and supplies when handling hazardous waste and/or chemicals. Follow all established PPE (personal protective equipment) policies when handling chemicals and/or cleaning; including wearing gloves, masks, aprons, etc.
- Knowledge of and follow all established techniques, procedures and policies for properly storing, using and mixing chemicals, disinfectants, and solutions used for cleaning, and for the proper disposal of waste. Control all housekeeping supplies and carts making sure that chemicals and/or follow established policies governing the use of labels and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
Qualifications | Requirements:
Age 18 or over, or have the proper work permit and work authorization documentation
- Superior work history and knowledge of cleaning, maintenance and sanitation.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Upbeat individual with the ability to interact effectively with the team and office guests.
Physical Demands (Include lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, walking, standing, and sitting):
- Ability to use standard cleaning equipment consistent with the position
- Must be mobile and able to execute the physical demands of the housekeeping position; including but not limited to standing for long periods of time, bending, kneeling, stooping, pushing, pulling, repetitive motion, etc.
- Must be able to lift cleaning equipment and products of 30+ pounds. Requires frequent carrying, pushing and pulling of cleaning supplies and carts.
JOIN US & LOVE YOUR JOB, LOVE YOUR TEAM, LOVE THE CULTURE!
This really is a great place to work!