We are located at Aegis of Las Vegas!
Meaningful work. Every day.
In a positive, caring, "Best Place to Work" and Best environment.
Aegis is in search of Community WELLNESS NURSE that will bring passion to work every day, provide hands-on nursing care & create a fun work environment.
New grads are welcomed to apply! Learn alongside seasoned nurses and gain valuable skills.
We're a top rated company on Glassdoor and have been voted "Best Place to Work" a number of times. It all comes down to our people. We hire the best. And we hire compassionate hearts. Our Wellness Nurses are a key component to our success. Please watch this video about meaningful work and the story behind it, and then check out the job description below.
Under the general direction of the Health Services Director, the Wellness Nurse:
* Promotes the concept of Optimal Living.
* Provides support to the Manager on Duty.
* Provides health care expertise when necessary to assist in maintaining self-care capabilities of Life’s Neighborhood residents and the stability of medical conditions.
* Coordinates (as needed) resident care with family, healthcare practitioners, and ancillary services.
* Assists the Health Services Director in training staff in health-related topics.
* Supports Medication Management services.
The following position responsibilities and skills are essential functions of the position. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with or without requested accommodation.
* Provide psychological well-being care
* Maintain records of medications administered
* Assist with resident physical care, meals and activities
* Monitor resident health and respond to emergencies
* Provide early diagnosis of resident health changes
* Oversee the administration of medications
* Contact physicians and families regarding changes in health
* Communicate effectively
* Practice effective team behavior
* Demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships
* Is organized and manages time effectively
* Build resident and family satisfaction
* Ability to deliver quality resident care
* Experience in geriatric nursing or gerontology
* Ability to establish effective relationships with residents, family members, and staff
* Knowledge of dementia care
* Experience in staff member relations including training and development
* Knowledge of computers and software applications including Word
* Current and valid Registered Nursing license or Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse
* Experience in medication administration and hands-on personal care
* Knowledge of safety and infection control practices
* Must meet all health requirements, including acceptable results on TB screen.
* Must meet State requirements on criminal background check.
* Must be a minimum age of 18 years old.
BENEFITS: Rewarding the People Behind Our Success
* We have an incredible Employee Lifestyle Improvement Program that helps our employees with opportunities for growth and our leaders with staff retention.
* Employee meals for just $1!
* Competitive pay, excellent benefits (medical/dental/vision/401k/tuition assistance and more!), and an enjoyable work/life balance. Please feel free to ask us for a benefits summary during your interview process.
* Excellent orientation and communication with management
* Ongoing training programs and a well-defined career path. Ask us about the path to your bright future!
* Employee appreciation days (additional paid time off)
Research us. Ask around. Find out why we have been awarded "Best Place to Work" numerous times, and why we're a top rated company on Glassdoor.com. This really is a great place to work!