CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENT- Aegis Living, Bellevue, WA
WORK LOCAL IN THE GREATER SEATTLE AREA.
At Aegis Living we're building more than buildings, we're building luxury Assisted Living Communities and offering a beautiful and supportive home for our valued seniors. The Aegis Living Construction Superintendent is an experienced superintendent with 5 or more years of employee and project management experience in the construction industry. We have 31 Communities in WA, CA and NV, and 7 local properties in development.
To make a house a home, our dedicated Development Team is passionate about our commitment to innovation in community development and the field of elder care. With each property we build, we seek to push the envelope further with unique design concepts. We are honored to have received awards recognizing our excellence in the field of elder care at the state and national levels, with accolades from Seattle Business Magazine, Inc. Magazine, KING-5 Evening Magazine’s Best of the Best, Senior Housing Forum for Best Design and more.
SUPERINTENDENT SUCCESS FACTORS are the combination of skills, attributes and behaviors that, when applied, produce individual and organizational success:
- Caring and compassionate attitude and the ability to articulate true concern for the creation of our product, our residents and our dedication to excellence.
- Strong team, leadership and communication skills to effectively work with our internal and external teams.
- Commitment to high quality standards and service, demonstrated problem-solving skills and commitment to continuous improvement
- Demonstrated interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
The Project Superintendent is solely responsible for timely completion of the project and ensuring that the project is constructed in accordance with plans, specifications, and local codes.
Project Superintendent will schedule & supervise the Assistant Superintendent, subcontractors, consultants, vendors, monitor security personnel and ensure completion of work. Manage the coordination of work directed in the field and ensure the work is performed in accordance with plans and specifications. Establish and enforce job site quality and safety control programs. Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
Communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and Material Submittals. Ensure the subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work. Communicate all conflicts or revisions to the plan with Aegis Development Manager for mutual resolution.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Blueprint reading
- Provide direction to and resolve problems amongst all subcontractors and vendors. Experience identifying deficient work and providing resolution.
- Proven management and customer service skills with a focus on listening and solving conflict. Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities, build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives. Support everyone's efforts to succeed. Experience planning, organizing and developing realistic action plans
- Exhibits professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless o
- Accurate & thorough. Demonstrated ability to improve and promote quality. Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands and is able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must be able to travel to the local jobsite as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 or more years of verifiable experience. Hospitality, multi-family residential or senior living construction experience is preferred.
Research us. Ask around. Find out why we’ve won numerous awards as best place to work and are a recipient of the 2017 Glassdoor Employees Choice Award. Discover additional information about our organization at www.aegisliving.com/careers.
This really is a great place to work!