AEGIS GARDENS of NEWCASTLE
Meaningful work, Every day. LOVE YOUR WORK, LOVE YOUR TEAM, LOVE THE MISSION!
ARE YOU A TALENTED CARE STAFF LEADER?
We're a top rated company on Glassdoor and have been voted "Best Place to Work" a number of times. It all comes down to our people. We hire the best. And we hire compassionate hearts. Our Care Directors are a key component to our success. Please watch this video about meaningful work and the story behind it, and then check out the job description below.
We are in search of a CARE DIRECTOR | NURSE CARE DIRECTOR for our beautiful, new Aegis Gardens Community that is designed to assist and provide loving care for our Residents and celebrate the Chinese & Asian culture. Aegis Living is advancing the art of luxury Assisted Living and memory care. As a Care Director with Aegis you will work as a Community based Care Staff Leader Your creativity and expertise will play a vital role in creating an environment that promotes resident safety, social engagement, and self-esteem through your leadership of the paraprofessional / care staff and hands on care. You will recruit, hire, train and manage the paraprofessional care staff.
Your contributions to the team may include:
- Assist nursing team to complete assessments
- Customize resident service plans to ensure quality of care
- Set standards that create a sense of security for residents
- Facilitate information sharing among resident, family and physician on residents’ health care issues
What you’ll need to excel at this job:
- Healthcare staff management experience required
- LVN or RN license or past nursing experience a plus
- Experience in training and development
- Ability to build a team that works hard, supports one another and builds fun into the job
- Experience working with geriatric population is preferred
- Understanding memory care programming is desired
- A willingness to work the floor and lead by example
- Ability to read, write and speak in English and Mandarin or Cantonese or another Asian language is a plus.
Other cool stuff you might want to know:
- Excellent orientation and communication with management
- Ongoing training programs and a well-defined career path. Ask us about the path to your bright future!
- Employee appreciation days (additional paid time off)
- Employee meals for just $1!
- Aegis Perks include discounts to products and services you might enjoy from discounted zoo passes to a home mortgage discount program!
- Competitive pay, excellent benefits (medical/dental/vision/401k/tuition assistance and more!), and an enjoyable work/life balance. Please feel free to ask us for a benefits summary during your interview process.
Research us. Ask around: Find out why we have been awarded 2017 Employee's Choice Award for Best Places to Work from Glassdoor.com and why our employees love working for Aegis and with our Residents! It really is a great place to work!