AREA CONSTRUCTION LEAD /
CAPITAL & MAINTENANCE SERVICES LEAD /
Southern California Region
At Aegis Living, we offer luxury assisted living for our valued seniors. The S. CA Area Construction Lead/ CMS Lead is responsible for on-site repair and special project maintenance work for our five S. CA communities, and one in Las Vegas. We are searching for a specialist that has 3 – 5 years of multi-site or large facility maintenance experience in the senior living, hospitality or multi-family industries.
Join Aegis Living where we not only care about our employees and our residents but also in providing a beautiful physical plant. We are honored to have received awards recognizing our excellence in the field of elder care at the state and national levels, with accolades from Glassdoor with the 2017 Employees Choice Award, Seattle Business Magazine, Inc. Magazine, KING-5 Evening Magazine’s Best of the Best, Senior Housing Forum for Best Design and more.
AREA CONSTRUCTION / CMS LEAD POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES and SUCCESS FACTORS:
Success factors are the combination of skills, attributes and behaviors that, when applied, produce individual and organizational success:
- Coordinate on site property work/repairs with the Corporate Real Estate Asset Manager, Community General Manager and Community Maintenance Director – focusing on details that reflect very high quality workmanship.
- Ensure project schedules, budget and quality are in alignment with project goals.
- Provide hands-on training to on-site property maintenance directors so they can be of maximum assistance on facility projects.
- Demonstrate a caring and compassionate attitude, and the ability to articulate true concern for our residents, our unique offering, and our dedication to service excellence.
- Consistently communicate professionally and courteously with community staff, and outside contractors/service providers.
- Region travel required and occasional need to lodge close to projects. Use of personal vehicle required, mileage reimbursement offered. Personal tools required and tool allowance for additional tool needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 3 or more years of experience working as a multi-site Facilities Manager or as Site Construction Manager is required. Experience working in hotel, senior living or large multi-family buildings preferred.
- General maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skill and knowledge in carpentry, electrical and plumbing as well as painting, masonry, and mechanical equipment (HVAC, refrigeration and boiler) etc.
- Knowledge of computers, internet, and software applications including Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Able to manage work flow while paying close attention to the safety of our residents, many of whom have Alzheimer’s Disease/dementia.
- Able to manage conflict sensitively and effectively.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and commitment to continuous improvement
Research us. Ask around. Discover additional information about our organization at www.aegisliving.com/careers.
This really is a great place to work!