Imagine. Getting paid well to do meaningful work
Every day at a best in class luxury lifestyle company.
Aegis Living creates beautiful, luxury living experiences with a dash of whimsy for seniors who need assisted living and memory care. We have won a number of awards for our innovation, design, and care. What’s more, Aegis Living has been recognized time and again as a “Best Place to Work” on local and national levels! We currently have 29 communities in WA, CA, and NV; and with the “Silver Tsunami” of Baby Boomers heading our way, we plan to add 10 more in three years. Headcount will grow from 2,100 to 3,000 in that timeframe.
The Executive Director of Interior Design will have management responsibility for all aspects of interior design for specific pre-development projects. Management responsibility for all resident interior selection and upgrades.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage interior design process for new development projects, existing communities and sales offices; from concept development through construction management, furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E) installation and occupancy;
- Manage Design Staff and Work Flow.
- Coordinate concept and strategy with Sales, Marketing and Development Teams as it relates to Interior Design, Residential Selections, and the Move-In phase of new development projects.
- Manage the selection and procurement of the furniture, fixtures & equipment of all pre-opening sales centers;
- Evaluate all FF&E selections to ensure coordination between concept and end product;
- Monitor and report on all projects to ensure on time and on budget delivery;
- Direct procurement and installation of all furniture, fixtures, and equipment;
- Establish and maintain pre-opening sales center budgets;
- Negotiate and monitor contracts with vendors and consultants from inception through execution;
- Coordinate with onsite construction supervision the interior finishes work and furniture, fixtures, and equipment related issues;
- Approve or establish interior finishes specifications of all projects based on regional styles, trends and tastes of demographics;
Please take a moment to consider why others have joined us, and then see the job requirements below.
- 10-12 years of experience managing of all phases of $2-$4M interior design projects for hospitality or luxury residential projects;
- Architecture or Interior Design degree;
- Knowledge of construction methodology and the ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications;
- Comprehensive knowledge of design process, experience with space planning, construction documentation, construction administration, furniture and specialty lighting
- Successful track record handling creative, luxury, complex projects;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Flexibility to travel with some overnight stays
- Prior experience managing people and projects
- Understanding of special needs of older adult population and ability to translate those needs into quality designs. Ability to work on multiple projects with varying timelines
- Ability to manage team with tactful leadership style which puts value on relationships and collaboration, both internal and external
- Possess excellent communication skills and a team attitude, and the ability to contribute to a positive and effective firm
- Must be self-sufficient, organize d, exhibit good judgement and resourcefulness, driven to excel and participate in all facets of design
- The Executive Director of Interior Design will be invited to attend our annual EPIC meeting. Empowering People Inspiring Consciousness is a three-day celebration of the human spirit and seminar for self-improvement. We feed our leaders mind, body and soul, so that they may go back and share all that they learned with our staff in the field.
- Picture yourself here: In our incredible home office designed to reflect our company culture, featured in 425 Magazine.
- We have an incredible Employee Lifestyle Improvement Program that helps our leaders with staff retention.
- Competitive pay, excellent benefits (medical/dental/vision/401k/tuition assistance and more!), and an enjoyable work/life balance. Please feel free to ask us for a benefits summary during your interview process.
- Excellent orientation and communication with management
- Ongoing training programs and a well-defined career path. Ask us about the path to your bright future!
- Employee appreciation days (additional paid time off)
- Healthy meals prepared onsite for our home office staff for $5 or less!
- Aegis Perks include discounts to products and services you might enjoy from discounted zoo passes to a home mortgage discount program!
Research us. Ask around. Find out why we have been awarded "Best Place to Work" numerous times, and why we're a top rated company on Glassdoor.com. This really is a great place to work!