Caregiver (PM Shift)
This job is located at Aegis of Queen Anne at Rodgers Park, 2900 3rd Ave. W. Seattle, WA 98119.
We are looking for the following availability: Monday-Wednesday and Friday-Sunday 3pm-11:30pm.
We're a top rated company on Glassdoor and have been voted "Best Place to Work" a number of times. It all comes down to our people. We hire the best. And we hire compassionate hearts. Our Care Managers are a key component to our success. Please watch this video about meaningful work and the story behind it, and then check out the job description below.
Being a Caregiver/Medication Caregiver at Aegis Living is an opportunity to…
- Start your career in one of the growing industries in the U.S.
- Become a part of a company that is changing how people think about Assisted Living
- Promote the dignity and independence of senior adults, and treat our residents like they were your own family
- Join a company that cares about and promotes your professional development
- Gain the experience you need for nursing school or other healthcare careers (we train new Nursing Assistant Certified Caregivers and Home Care Aides!)
As a Caregiver/Medication Caregiver, your contributions to the team may include:
- Provide physical care to residents and assist with activities of daily life (dressing, bathing, toileting, grooming, etc.)
- Serve meals to residents prepared by our culinary team
- Learn residents’ likes/dislikes and Personalize their care to meet their needs and preferences
- Ensure residents Receive appropriate care and make note of changes in condition
- Help to engage and encourage residents to participate in activities
- Promote dignity and independence of residents and build trust with residents and their family members
- Dispense medication to residents (if Medication Caregiver)
- Maintain records of medications administered (If Medication Caregiver)
What you’ll need to rock this job:
- Compassion and patience
- Ability to be a team-player
- Flexible schedule (weekend availability preferred)
- Experience working with seniors or individuals with Alzheimer’s disease/Dementia preferred
- Must be able to pass background check, physical exam, and TB testing
Don’t have a Nursing Assistant Certification/Home Care Aide Certification? No problem! We offer FREE certifications for full-time employees (must be available to attend classes when scheduled).
Other cool stuff you might want to know:
- Competitive pay, excellent benefits (medical/dental/vision/401k/tuition assistance and more!), and an enjoyable work/life balance. Please feel free to ask us for a benefits summary during your interview process.
- Excellent orientation and communication with management
- Ongoing training programs and a well-defined career path. Ask us about the path to your bright future!
- Employee appreciation days (additional paid time off)
- Employee meals for just $1!
- Aegis Perks include discounts to products and services you might enjoy from discounted zoo passes to a home mortgage discount program!
- Research us. Ask around. Find out why we have been awarded "Best Place to Work" numerous times, and why we're a top rated company on Glassdoor.com. This really is a great place to work!