Adzerk is a suite of APIs for sites and apps to build a customized ad server in weeks, rather than building one from scratch and taking years. We are most-commonly used to build or expand upon sponsored listing/product ad platforms at large internet marketplaces. Our customer list includes Fortune 500 companies and unicorn startups who see as high as 80x ROI. Our Account Management team is focused on growing and retaining these customers.
We are looking for a seasoned Account Manager/Customer Success Manager who has outstanding communication skills, project management experience, and is comfortable with highly-technical clients. You’ll be responsible for two overall goals. One, to build and maintain post-sales relationships with an assigned portfolio of Adzerk’s customers in your region. Two, provide support to all Adzerk customers that currently work outside of our standard support hours (US eastern time 9 to 5) to expand Adzerk’s support hours of operation and improve response times.
As such, you will have huge visibility within the organization at top levels as well as with C-level executives from the customers. This is a key role for Adzerk to help shape our portfolio of clients and shape their growth. It is also the first role of its nature in the EMEA region which makes it a huge opportunity for the candidate and a large bet for Adzerk. Additionally, you’ll be the liaison between Adzerk’s product and the customer, so you’ll need strong technical skills to identify issues, troubleshoot solutions, and answer technical questions.
What does this job require?
- Analyze accounts proactively to understand problems, identify opportunities, and communicate those findings to drive higher retention and growth for Adzerk
- Provide project leadership for customers initiatives, including project management with contacts, technical troubleshooting with engineers, and interaction with execs
- Maintain information on the customers’ implementations of Adzerk
- Keep up-to-date with the product and new features
- Provide clear and constructive product feedback to Adzerk Product Management teams based on customer requirements
- Understand customer priorities and communicate those internally
- Be the first technical resource for customer questions and act as a liaison between customers and both the Adzerk Engineering and Product Management teams
- Candidate should be located in the UK
- Respond to tickets in our support system (Zendesk) as well as our chat support (Slack) in a timely manner, primarily in the hours between 8AM GMT and 1PM GMT
- Understand the Adzerk product really well at a sufficiently deep level, to be able to answer customer's questions and answer issues
- Work closely with Adzerk’s engineering team and communicate clearly to them, about potentially issues that need to be escalated
What would make you an excellent candidate?
- At least 3 years of experience in a customer-facing position, such as a technical account manager, client manager, professional services consultant, or sales engineer
- Experience working alongside or with enterprise level companies
- Experience working with advertising technology platforms (preferred, not required)
- Comfortable building and managing relationships with VPs and C-Suite
- Technically-minded and solutions-focused
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills to identify data trends and make business recommendations
- Organized project manager able to handle unstructured projects even in an environment with high variability and potentially competing demands
- Great documentation skills and able to write documented deliverables for customers
- Strong understanding of strategic sales process
- Ability to travel approximately 20% percent of the time
- Software Development experience a plus, but not required
- You have the option to work from our WeWork office in London or work from home. Experience working remotely and from home before a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Excellent health benefits for you and your family including medical, dental, vision, 401k and FSA
- 100% paid maternity/paternity leave
- Unlimited paid vacation and flexible working hours, because we’re grownups and a work/life balance is important
- Open door policy - everyone in the organization is accessible. We like collaboration at all levels and dislike bureaucracy
- Adzerk believes employees have rights. We have a Bill of Rights, in fact
- Your own Macbook and monitor
- Equity in the company; we want a team of partners
Things you should know about the Customer Success team:
- The Customer Success team handles Account Management, customer on-boarding and support
- We work very collaboratively with the product and engineering team
- You would work directly under the VP of customer success
- We have customers all over the world but many of our key accounts are in Europe and we are expanding to this region in Sales, hence the need to provide support there as well
- The support team handles almost all support requests but we do work with engineering very closely in fixing bugs and answering technical questions that require escalation.
When applying, please include as many of the following as possible:
- A brief description of your skills, passions, and how you like to work
- Sample customer decks and pitches that show your presentation and technical skills