This is Adyen
Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. Our merchants’ demands shape our development path, and we never stop until the job is done. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. We don’t do hierarchy, egos or boundaries. “Not possible” is not in our vocabulary — “freedom” is. This is who we are: honest, direct and always bringing an element of fun into our work. If you’re ready to join the power of fast, keep reading.
Linux System Engineer
Adyen is looking for full-time System Engineers (all levels) for its Infrastructure & Operations team in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate should have a solid Linux background with broad systems experience, learn on the fly, diagnose problems and be used to dealing with a 24/7 environment. Your advanced system and network skills will be utilized on various projects and for keeping our in-house developed platform in top shape.
Who you are:
- Technology: You must be proficient and have real world and hands-on experience with the following technologies: Linux, Apache, Tomcat, Load balancing, Monitoring, Firewalls, Networks, Network security protocols, databases and more;
- Experience: in a production, Linux-based environment and personal experience supporting open source software;
- Experience with system configuration and administration, core operating systems expertise, including network setup and maintenance, network security and file systems;
- Knowledge: Solid understanding of load balancing, horizontal scaling, UNIX-related network services, TCP/IP networking, DNS and HTTP(s), network security;
- Mentality: You are a team-player who is open to feedback. Able to work in a 24/7 environment, make quick informed decisions and handle pressure;
- Mind-set: You have the mind-set to automate and avoid repetitive tasks;
- Language: Fluent in English.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!