This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
FP&A Analyst, Growth
Adyen is looking for an FP&A Analyst, Growth to join the FP&A and Investor Relations Team. As part of the Amsterdam-based Group Finance function, this newly created position focuses on providing data-driven insights into current and future financial top-line performance. The role presents an opportunity to have a real impact, using data and analysis to support stakeholders across various business areas and geographies to make informed decisions on critical topics, with a focus on our growth.
If you are someone who loves diving into the details, creating financial models and using data to drive decision making this could be the ideal next step for you.
What you’ll do
- With a focus on our top-line growth, you’ll provide data-driven insights on our performance to key functions within the business
- Take the lead on the creation and maintenance of key financial models with a view to simplify and automate
- Support the business’ data needs by ensuring that relevant data points (both internal and external) are readily available, as well as being the owner of our financial planning software tool (Pigment).
- You’ll assist stakeholders in their decision making by providing relevant insights and actively challenging their assumptions
- You’ll contribute to our forecasting cycle where you’ll take a leading role in the developments in our revenue base, working closely with our commercial function and Adyen’s Strategic Finance team
- On a monthly basis, together with the FP&A team you’ll report on variance analyses (actuals vs. forecast) and contribute towards a management board presentation, determining follow-up actions where necessary
- Through the relationships and knowledge you’ve built up across the business, you’ll provide input into Adyen’s long term forecasts, working on a range of strategic projects that aim to ensure sustainable, long term growth
- You’ll work on Adyen Group Finance’s OKRs (Objectives & Key Results) in which you’ll work in multidisciplinary teams to achieve priorities set by our Group Finance team.
Who you are
- Approximately 3-5 years of experience as an FP&A analyst or a similar role, in which you’ve formed the bridge between business functions and financial stakeholders
- You have significant financial modeling experience and are data savvy (SQL / Python knowledge is an advantage)
- You can work independently, but you also enjoy working as part of a team, and you’re not afraid to ask for help
- Strong analytical skills, and the capability of turning this analysis into actionable items for yourself and the stakeholder
- You have excellent communication & stakeholder management skills; you dare to challenge the status quo
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and creating/improving processes
- Experience working with a financial planning software (eg. Pigment, Anaplan) is an advantage
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.