This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Meta, Uber, Microsoft, eBay, and Spotify.
Adyen In-Person Payments (IPP) enables merchants with physical stores to accept card or eWallet present transactions. It's relevant for retailers in fashion, electronic and consumer goods, lifestyle and leisure (i.e. gyms, theme parks) and hospitality (i.e. hotels, quick service restaurants, bars, cafes).
Integrated with the Adyen platform, IPP helps merchants to evolve and provide future focused in-store shopping experiences. Our one system, one partner and one contract set-up enables merchants to go global effortlessly with latest payment innovations and features.
In-Person Payments Lab
IPP Lab has 4 main pillars of responsibility, i.e. Support, Testing, Analysis and Research.
- Support: As part of this pillar, we are actively involved with the development teams to enable them with the expertise and correct setup on what would be the ideal way to validate the new features.
- Testing: As part of this pillar, we create, write and maintain frameworks and acceptance tests to be run on a repeatable basis for verifying the health of our critical components as part of firmware releases.
- Analysis: As part of this pillar, we perform in-depth analysis of our IPP device hardware components. This includes Terminal Connectivity (WiFi, Cellular, Ethernet), transaction speeds, Power management, all in a completely automated and repeatable fashion.
- Research: As part of this pillar, we put on our R&D hat to be involved with our new product releases including its hardware components, performance and various other features.
What you’ll do:
As the Senior Software Engineer in Tooling, you will be part of the IPP Lab and focussed on
- Engage in research and development to enhance tooling and support firmware releases, focusing on hardware components and performance analysis.
- Conduct analysis of existing solution setup to develop scalable and future-proof analytics systems for Adyen’s IPP Terminals.
- Create and maintain complex frameworks which validates the health of critical functionality as part of our firmware releases.
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure correct testing setups and advise on ideal validation methods for new features.
Overall, you’ll be contributing towards making IPP solutions more robust and reliable.
Who you are:
- Experienced developer with a quality and reliability mindset
- Able to prioritize the impactful tasks
- Able to work with modern software development practices
- Interested in learning various networking & communication modules such as WiFi, Cellular, Ethernet and an interest in hardware
- Experience in Kotlin/Java
- Familiar with Linux/Android environments
- 5 years of development experience
- Knowledge/experience in structured and repeatable testing methodologies
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application