This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Adyen is dedicated to creating the best possible customer experience - this is something we strive for constantly and our Operations team stands at the centre of it. We are currently looking for a hands-on Incident Manager with a problem-solving mentality that wants to be part of the growth of our operations team in Singapore. As an Incident Manager, you will work closely with various parts of the organisation to ensure that we reply timely and with the expected quality to incidents impacting our customers, along with identifying inefficiencies and potential risks to our processes and helping solve them proactively. You will also be instrumental in defining and providing input for further automation, taking our incident management tools to the next level as well as driving forward strategic initiatives while receiving guidance to unlock your potential. The role offers a balance of high levels of ownership to find, initiate, and drive projects that will affect all parts of the Adyen platform with the daily activities of incident management and communication. Additionally, the role requires balancing long-running projects with day-to-day duties that are integral to the smooth operation of the platform.
What you’ll do
- Communication: Communicate ongoing incidents to customers and internal stakeholders by translating technical jargon into easy-to-understand communications for a wider audience. Escalate critical incidents and formulate accurate communications to the senior management team and other operations teams throughout the lifecycle of the incident. Write merchant-facing retrospect documents covering a root cause analysis.
- Incident Management: Represent Adyen’s customer focus during the incident response. Facilitate incident mitigation, recovery, and resolution for high-risk incidents. Influence and motivate teams across a diverse set of vertical domains and geographic locations to ensure high-risk incidents are addressed rapidly and efficiently.
- Coordination: Build and maintain partnerships across each solution/stream - Develop and manage a comprehensive incident management program of emergency operating procedures for each stream/solution.
- Process Optimisation: Working with Reliability Engineering and Tech Org to improve incident tooling, reliability, and user communications
- Partnership: Work with personnel and teams across the organisation to ensure the best possible customer experience.
- Feedback: Serve as a feedback loop for the organisation, gathering customer feedback, tracking the evolution of customer needs, and communicating these to product and management teams.
Who you are
- You are inspired by the potential for innovation in the payments space and passionate about your drive to push boundaries and create value.
- You have a strong background and experience in incident communications or corporate risk communications and process improvement.
- You have solid communication skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships throughout the organisation, able to translate technical situations clearly and concisely to a diverse audience via data-visualising dashboards and written documents.
- You are a strategic thinker with the aptitude to manage cross-functional initiatives in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment with little supervision. You are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and producing quick results in a 24/7 environment.
- You have a global perspective and the ability to interface seamlessly with a global, multicultural team (cultural awareness).
- You are fluent in English. Additional language(s) are highly valued.
- You are comfortable with on-call duty (20-25% of the time).
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.