This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Payment Partnerships Manager, Card Networks
Adyen is looking for a Payment Partnerships Manager who will advance Adyen’s strategy and agenda with card network partners (e.g. Visa, Girocard, ApplePay, etc.) in Europe.
In this role, you will manage Adyen’s strategic payment partnerships and use your influence and tenacity to build strong inroads across the card network organization. You’ll work closely with a number of cross-functional teams (Product, Account Management, Finance, Compliance, etc.) to accomplish the goal of building strategic, successful relationships with these partners.
This role requires a blend of skills including; knowledge of card payment products, coordinate critical operations and financial performance, stakeholder engagement, project management, business development and go-to-market strategy, and an overall desire to be an accelerator for our business. This is a full-time position based in our Amsterdam office reporting into our Payment Partnerships Lead for Card Networks.
What you’ll do
- Manage all aspects of the partnership including prioritization of key focus areas, evaluation of new initiatives, and ongoing partner management.
- Define and execute on a comprehensive and proactive partnership strategy for a portfolio of critical card network partners.
- Closely collaborate cross-functional with various teams to achieve higher levels of performance across core payment processes.
- Elevate Adyen’s influence and positioning by creating business development opportunities, co-marketing initiatives and facilitating joint product development.
- Coordinate with strategic merchants to drive growth and awareness across our payment portfolio.
Who you are
- A payment partnership manager (5+ years working experience) with a teamwork approach, payments industry experience or affinity with card network partners is required;
- Strong communicator that has the ability to build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders cross functionally (e.g. with product, account management, marketing and operations) and across all organizational levels;
- Critical thinker that can make data-driven decisions, sets goals and drives success across the organization while also embracing a ‘hands on’ mentality.
- Navigate technical challenges, understands the opportunities but also the impact of technical decisions allowing you to guide others to make optimal decisions;
- Capable of leading and coordinating escalations that involve business critical processes.
- Quick and enthusiastic learner, taking a ‘launch fast and iterate’ approach in tackling problems;
- Self-starter who can operate comfortably and independently within a complex global environment.
- You seek in having a strategic impact and connect with others on opportunities
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is based out of our Amsterdam office. We are an office-first company and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles.