This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
As Adyen continues to expand in North America, we are looking for an experienced people manager to lead our sales team focused on our Digital.
Our Digital business is the foundation upon which Adyen has scaled, and now represents 63% of Adyen's processed volume globally. Since 2006, Adyen has helped customers such as Meta, Microsoft and Uber scale their digital payments globally. This past year, we saw Digital processed volumes grow 21% year over year, outpacing the industry average.
Read more about our solution https://www.adyen.com/industries/digital
Leading Adyen’s Sales team
As a sales team lead, you will drive global commercial strategy for our ambitions amongst Digital customers.
Based in our New York office, the scope of this role includes leading and scaling a team of Digital Enterprise Sales professionals in the Eastern United States.
The ideal candidate is a natural leader and networker with a consultative and commercial mindset, who thrives in a fast-paced, diverse, and entrepreneurial environment. As a critical member of the North American Team, this candidate will be an integral contributor to shaping Adyen’s momentum and team environment.
This role is based out of our New York office. We have a hybrid workplace and value in-person collaboration; we do not offer remote-only roles for Sales leadership.
What you’ll do:
- Reporting into the Head of Digital Sales for NA, you will lead and scale a Sales Team in New York, to meet our growth targets and to capture the demand of Adyen’s Digital platform across segments and verticals;
- Get involved in the largest, most strategic deals, managing executive relationships and helping the team get the deal over the finish line;
- Become a critical member of the NA Sales Management Team, working hand-in-hand with counterparts in Account Management, Marketing, Sales, and Product to achieve our mission in NA;
- Be a purposeful and empathetic change agent, embracing the ways of selling that make Adyen unique and desirable to customers while also bringing a fresh perspective on how we can operate at scale;
Who you are:
- A leader (4+ years experience leading) with experience scaling a sales organization;
- Payments industry or affiliated partner experience preferred;
- Extensive experience working in an Enterprise B2B context where sales cycles are long (6-18 months) and the sales approach is high-touch and consultative;
- Experience in maintaining the most senior executive relationships at very large Enterprise prospects and helping close those deals;
- Data-driven in making decisions, setting goals, and driving success in the organization, while also embracing ‘hands on’ sales and qualitative metrics of success;
- Pragmatic way of working, high energy, has a creative mindset about dealmaking; manages & supports the team from the front lines and not from behind desk & reports;
- Empathetic leader who can affect change while also being firm on change management;
The salary range for this role is $170,000-$240,000 + commission + equity; to learn more about our compensation philosophy, please click here.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next step, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.