This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Credit Risk Officer
We're looking for a Credit Risk Officer based in Sao Paulo. This person will help us scale and innovate Adyen's credit risk management process. You’ll be working closely with Commercial, Technical and Compliance teams to evaluate and manage financial risk coming from a portfolio of enterprise merchants and new products, within the LATAM market.
We are looking for team players that are highly motivated, extremely innovative, and who take ownership and full control over their own workflows. As we operate globally, the team is part of an international team with diverse backgrounds and skill sets. Our ideal candidate has a strong problem solving mindset, is a great communicator and has in-depth knowledge to formulate strategic recommendations on policies, procedures and practices.
What you’ll do
- Work closely together with our very diverse merchant portfolio, to assess their business model and financial situation. Based on your assessment, make tailored credit risk recommendations in which you balance risk and return to Adyen's internal risk committee;
- You will be our main Credit Risk Officer within LATAM, and have direct responsibility for our LATAM enterprise merchants that includes sub-acquirers, and our product offerings in the region;
- Drive important changes to our risk management framework (incl. our policies, tools and processes) to improve the quality of our risk management, and to help scale our business;
- Lead projects from beginning to end, and help us to find optimal solutions that benefit our merchants and improve our risk management practices;
- Provide credit risk expertise to product and legal teams to ensure credit risk is properly considered in new commercial product development (for example, for advancements);
- Clearly explain Adyen’s view on credit risk to merchants, commercial teams, and the regulator.
Who you are
- 7+ years working in finance or credit risk environment, a big plus is experience within the LATAM payment industry;
- You speak fluently Portuguese and English;
- Excellent communicator, able to share ideas and collaborate with team members;
- Independent, able to prioritize own workload in a fast-paced, unstructured environment and drive processes to completion;
- You are passionate about connecting and cooperating with colleagues across cultures and time zones, developing new ideas cooperatively and working as a member of a team that operates globally;
- Strong financial statement and data analysis skills with the ability to justify credit conclusions and to balance risk and business opportunities;
- Keen interest in business and financial markets, next to affinity with technology;
- University degree in business, accounting, economics, finance or other quantitative field.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Sao Paulo. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of these areas.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.