This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
At the Internal Developer Advocacy team we do just that: helping hundreds of developers to work efficiently in a dynamic and growing environment. While we know this is not a very obvious or clear task, we sit with our peers, listen to their challenges and find ways to solve the challenges.
The team brings passionate developer advocates together, growing in the past years. We work in harmony, challenging each other, supporting different perspectives.
More specifically, the Internal Developer Advocacy team enables the developer communities, empowers engineers to share what they are working on, supports developers to invest time in research and focuses on open-source first approach to development and engineering. Some examples of the projects that we have worked on:
- Community building, tech bites, blogs.
- Developer experience improvements.
- Documentation improvements.
- Finding missing or hidden processes in departments.
What you’ll do
- Mentor the team, work on their growth and manage their performance.
- Be the driver for setting the goal and objectives, track the progress.
- Contribute to the events and activities organized by the team.
- Work together with External Developer Advocacy and Tech Academy teams to help build the Adyen Engineering culture.
- Help the team to build an active relationship with our main customers (being the Adyen Engineers), maintain a fast feedback loop with them.
- Seek out new ideas, pioneer the developer advocacy at Adyen.
Who you are
- Have experience in leading teams and performance management.
- Have experience working as an engineer or the field of developer advocacy.
- You are a true community builder, you are proactive and very approachable.
- You are passionate about enabling other developers to work efficiently.
- Communicate the challenges that developers are facing and look for the bigger picture at solving the problems.
- Look for opportunities to help our engineers be more verbal, explicit and visible about their achievements.
Other Job Details
- This position is based in the Amsterdam office.
- We are working in the office 3 times a week.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.