This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Team Lead CDD
We are looking for a CDD Team Lead to join our CDD department as part of our regional growth. You will be based in Singapore working closely with Sales, Account Management, Compliance, Risk, Monitoring and Finance.
In this role you will be responsible for reviewing potential and existing merchants from a risk, regulatory and compliance perspective. As a highly regulated company we need to adhere to various rules and regulations and make sure we grow our business with a healthy portfolio of merchants. Part of this role is also to facilitate our growth by scaling internal processes and focus on continuous optimisation and automation.
What you'll do
- Lead the team that is responsible for the Customer Due Diligence (CDD) processes. The goal is to onboard customers efficiently in a compliant manner;
- Coach and mentor members of the team and give directed feedback;
- Ensure effective and consistent communication throughout the team, encourage feedback and customer insight in order to enhance the customer experience;
- Evaluate performance with key metrics, track team progress and success, and be able to present results to Senior Leadership;
- Define and clearly communicate objectives and goals for the team;
- Developing a culture where training and development are part of the team, identifying actions and working with trainers to ensure the skills and knowledge are developed effectively;
- Support CDD Analysts to risk assess new and existing merchants accounts in accordance to global and regional regulatory KYC requirements and internal controls for APAC markets;
- Evaluate existing procedures to refine and optimize end-to-end merchant on-boarding process.
Who you are
- At least 5 years of prior experience in risk or compliance managing a team;
- You have a firm grasp and understanding of AML, KYC, and Internal Controls;
- You are extremely detail oriented, organized and have the ability to multi-task;
- You are people oriented and know your way around growing individual contributors ranging from juniors to seniors;
- You are able to work independently, while at the same time being a strong collaborator, working and connecting with colleagues and developing ideas to improve effective teamwork / client onboarding;
- You take initiative, ownership and are committed to challenging the status quo in a critical, professional and effective manner;
- You are a self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and is able to execute ideas / initiatives effectively;
- You have strong analytical and stakeholder management skills while believing that efficiency is key to operational excellence;
- You are a data-driven person who works well and understands with ease, making use of data to drive changes and decision making;
- You are someone with great foresight and thinks strategically when executing initiatives and conducting your planning.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.