This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Meta, Uber, Microsoft, eBay, and Spotify.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join us in building up our team in Madrid that sits at the cornerstone of engineering, data and infrastructure.
Feature Engineering Platform:
The feature platform team helps our merchants by enabling machine-learning powered products within the payment flow to discover, create and leverage complex features. This includes building data pipelines to create aggregations and a distributed storage layer that can serve such features in the real-time payment flow, globally.
We offer a unique opportunity to build and lead a team working on the industry cutting-edge: given the volume and constraints that come with near real-time decision-making, there is no industry-standard solution.
Previous experience working on platform teams or with open-sourcing internal projects would be a plus!
As we are expanding our teams to various tech hubs, we are looking for someone who is comfortable leading a cross border team and to travel in different tech hubs to meet the teams.
What you’ll do:
- Directly manage a new team of 4-8 back-end engineers, data engineers and ML engineers, in collaboration with a squad of experienced engineers in Amsterdam
- Work cross-functionally with data scientists, infrastructure engineers, product owners and other key stakeholders within the big data organization
- Outline the long term strategy for your team’s platform as a product, taking a pragmatic approach to balance trade-offs
- Have a multiplier effect by motivating team members and providing coaching in areas such as: engineering best practices, scalable architecture design, and product roadmap discussions
- Set clear individual and team goals that align with our strategic data ambitions in close collaboration with the product manager
- Create an inspiring and collaborative team environment with an open communication/feedback culture
- Recruit new team members in line with the Adyen culture and required skills
Who you are:
- You have 7+ years of experience in software development industry in a fast paced tech environment
- You have strong knowledge of large scale data systems
- An energetic self-starter experienced in creating alignment between multiple teams and disciplines
- Experienced in coaching and mentoring engineering talent
- Experienced with collaborating with senior leadership to set strategic direction
- An excellent communicator and team player with strong management skills and technical aptitude
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!