This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Facebook, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Financial Data Analyst
We're looking for a proactive, inquisitive, and thorough Data Analyst to join our Group Finance team in Amsterdam. You will be working with big data and co-operate with a variety of stakeholders in order to provide valuable information and insights for management as well as to drive forward operational excellence initiatives. While knowledge (and ideally previous experience) in a Finance function is a must, technical skills around data transformation and automation are very important for this role.
What you’ll do
- Be a link to connect the various finance teams and other, more technical, parts of the business.
- Create, improve and maintain the backend infrastructure on which our Finance BI reporting is built on.
- Support with the compilation of management reports and financial deep dives, by working closely together with business controllers, financial analysts and other stakeholders.
- Use quick insight and data extraction skills to quickly respond to ad hoc enquiries from the business.
- Apply financial and technical skills to build automation and data solutions to streamline our financial processes and workflows.
- Contribute to the Adyen wide big data initiative to support the scalability of our analyses.
Who you are
- You have experience of working in a Finance function, as an Auditor, Accountant, Financial Analyst or equivalent.
- You have experience of working with data transformation and analysis
- Advanced SQL and Python experience and ability to manipulate data is a must.
- Business Intelligence platform experience (Looker, Power BI) is a plus.
- Experience with Big Data is a plus.
- You like to work in a high-paced environment where you may need to shift priorities.
- You are comfortable talking straight and challenging the status quo, specifically with the ability to interact and collaborate with a variety of internal stakeholders from varying disciplines and cultures.
- Self-motivated and proactive, always searching for scalable ways to streamline and add value to the business.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.