This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Meta, Uber, Microsoft, eBay, and Spotify.
Data Solution at Adyen
As a member of our Data solution, you will be building and training the brain behind the Adyen platform, with a focus on scaling access to the intelligence and capabilities businesses need to realize their biggest ambitions.
Account Risk Engine:
We build the risk engine to mitigate seller fraud and create features to make fraud investigation easier for risk analysts. We are constantly improving the efficiency of our fraud detection framework by adding and customizing new risk checks, processing account behavior signals, and finding links among platform users. Your team will work on consuming relevant data from different sources, onboarding new merchants to our commercial product, creating APIs for various functionalities, writing optimal queries, minimizing latency, keeping the data secure and creating a highly scalable and resilient system.
- Score is our commercial product offering for risk management to our platform merchants. We help our merchants to combat fraud by providing them with risk analysis of each seller on their platform.
- Internal Fraud Detection is our internal service offering for mitigating fraud and preventing losses within Adyen as a platform. We ingest data from multiple sources into our risk engine to calculate the risk indicators of our customers.
- We aim to build a Unified Signaling Framework which is a flexible, extendable and customizable system to be reused by internal teams for signaling and alerting queues.
What you’ll do:
- Work cross-functionally with design, product, machine learning engineers, data engineers, and other key stakeholders within the big data organization
- Outline the long term strategy for your team’s product, taking a pragmatic approach to balance trade-offs
- Have a multiplier effect by motivating team members and providing coaching in areas such as: engineering best practices, scalable architecture design, and product roadmap discussions
- Set clear individual and team goals that align with our strategic data ambitions in close collaboration with the product manager
- Create an inspiring and collaborative team environment with an open communication/feedback culture
- Recruit new team members in line with the Adyen culture and required skills
Who you are:
- You have 7+ years of experience in software development industry in a fast paced tech environment and 2+ year of leadership experience
- You have experience with Core Java, web services, queueing frameworks, REST APIs and SQL/PostgreSQL
- You like to challenge the status quo and ask the ‘why’ question
- An energetic self-starter experienced in creating alignment between multiple teams
- Experienced in coaching and mentoring engineering talent
- Experienced with collaborating with senior leadership to set strategic direction including product roadmaps
- An excellent communicator and team player with strong management skills and technical aptitude
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!