This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated people that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face challenging technical issues at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
Senior Payment Partnerships Manager
Adyen is looking for a Senior Payment Partnerships Manager who will advance Adyen’s strategy and agenda with the global payment networks (Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover), local payment methods in India (Rupay, UPI) and local acquiring banks. The primary focus of this role is India, but we do keep up with developments globally.
You will manage one or more of Adyen’s strategic payment partners in India and use your influence and tenacity to build strong inroads across their organisation and ultimately elevate these relationships to a top-tier status. You will regularly collaborate with internal global stakeholders to bridge the gap between our global offering vs local requirements.
This role requires a series of skills including: knowledge of a variety of partnerships and stakeholder engagement models, strategic thinking, initiative management, creativity, negotiations and an overall desire to be an accelerator for our business.
What you’ll do:
- Define and execute a comprehensive and proactive partnership strategy with one or more of the payment networks and acquiring banks
- Build new relationships with new partners in the India ecosystem
- Drive all aspects of the partnership including prioritisation of key focus areas, structuring/negotiation of new initiatives, and ongoing partner management
- Elevate Adyen’s influence & positioning through facilitating joint product development, co-marketing, and other opportunities
- Develop and execute programs to further Adyen’s strategic goals and overall positioning in key markets and segments
- Provide your expertise in discussing global payment trends, rules, and regulations with internal stakeholders
- Participate in Quarterly Business Reviews with our top merchants to provide insights as needed
- Work with product managers in the development of new products
- Manage escalations from local and global teams, and ensure resolution with the right teams at the payment networks
- Work with teammates globally to review the impact of Card Scheme updates, share perspectives, and seek clarity
- Work on business optimisations with issuers in the country to improve performance, where required
- Ensure core operating responsibilities are being fulfilled, including network reporting, certifications, etc
Who you are:
- 8-10 + years of related experience in (Card-based) Payments. Bonus points for International experience
- Experience in building and managing relationships with external senior business leaders and others across a partner organisation
- Deep understanding of the payments landscape, with critical thinking skills to comprehend and interpret emerging trends
- Strong written / verbal communication skills, and an experienced presenter
- Effective and self-sufficient with the ability to operate comfortably and independently within a complex global environment
- This is a full-time position with the ability to work a minimum of 40 hours/week
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.