This is Adyen
Adyen provides payments, data, and financial products in a single solution for customers like Meta, Uber, H&M, and Microsoft - making us the financial technology platform of choice. At Adyen, everything we do is engineered for ambition.
For our teams, we create an environment with opportunities for our people to succeed, backed by the culture and support to ensure they are enabled to truly own their careers. We are motivated individuals who tackle unique technical challenges at scale and solve them as a team. Together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that help businesses achieve their ambitions faster.
Automation Systems Engineer
We are looking for an Automation System Engineer with Ansible and Python scripting skills to join us, who will use their technical skills to support our employees and teams in supporting with general IT tasks, troubleshooting and in identifying repetitive tasks to automate them in our internal infrastructure and user management. An Automation Systems Engineer at Adyen has a hands-on attitude, with natural enthusiasm in supporting our colleagues and contributing to enhanced productivity of our dynamic workforce.
This role is part of the Business Infrastructure team and has a mix of user facing IT support and engineering/automation.
What you’ll do
- Use technical and soft skills to help diagnose and troubleshoot users’ IT challenge
- Automate repetitive support tasks using various technologies such as Ansible, Bash and Python
- Assist in building and maintaining automation around infrastructure, user administration and access management
- Improve the user experience by helping develop and refine automation and workflows for an assortment of internal and external services and applications
- Create and maintain technical documentation to accurately represent automation design and code
Who you are
- At least 2 years of professional experience in developing and maintaining automation in Ansible and Python
- Experienced with MacOS or Linux/UNIX-like operating systems.
- Familiar with terminal and you know how to navigate filesystems and edit files without the use of a GUI
- Experience with Git and SQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Utilizing CLIs and APIs to manage applications and services
- Able to clearly identify repetitive tasks and take the ownership to automate them
- A puzzle solver who likes to think outside the box and solve issues by combining the different key skills, that creates scalable, secure, long term solutions
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unique approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds and cultures is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, and we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. No matter who you are or where you’re from, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does this sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application!
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take about 4 weeks to complete, but may fluctuate depending on the role. Learn more about our hiring process here. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
This role is a full-time position in Chicago, in a hybrid work environment. We do not offer remote only roles.