This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Our fast-paced Compliance team is looking for an experienced Compliance Officer with experience in setting Policy and in the payments and/or finance industry. The successful candidate must have strong analytical skills and be able to work as a business partner to connect with a wide range of teams, including risk, legal, finance and sales, and provide pragmatic advice and guidance to build sustainable growth.
What you’ll do
- Implement and maintain policies and procedures in relation to all aspects of Integrity Risk, including with particular focus on controls related to AML/CFT risk for high-risk customers
- Consider opportunities and risks from a variety of angles to achieve compliant solutions that align with commercial and strategic objectives
- Become the subject matter expert on industry risk and liaise with the first line for guidance and advice.
- Identify compliance obligations based on relevant changes applicable to high-risk customers and translate these obligations in policies and procedure to be communicated and implemented across the global business;
- Strengthen knowledge and education management while collaborating across the global business;
Who you are
- You have 3-5 years of experience in second line compliance functions;
- Your knowledge of the finance and/or payment industry will be well established;
- You are an analytical thinker who can both draft, and monitor on the implementation of, relevant Policies;
- You have solid inter-personal skills, specifically you will be able to liaise and connect with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and Merchants from varying disciplines and cultures;
- Your strong sense of initiative and self-motivation will add value to a fast-growing business.
- You have excellent Portuguese and English communication skills
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Sounds like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.