This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays. We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Product specialist, Platform Observability
Observability is critical to sustained growth and our strategy in becoming the world’s most customer focused financial technology platform in the payments industry. How do you ensure visibility over a fast growing platform?
We’re looking for a full-time product specialist in the Platform Observability team in Amsterdam. In this role you will help develop and build tools aimed to facilitate logging, tracing, monitoring and real-time insights. You will be responsible for driving feature development from its conception, through the development, launch, iterative improvements and ensuring smooth operation. While doing this, you will interact with our development and infrastructure teams all across the globe and different internal stakeholders.
What you’ll do
- Fulfil a central role to combine technical, business, and UX requirements for further development of our products and tools
- Contribute to the ongoing effort to improve observability and reliability over the Adyen platform, with a focus on the available products, tools and strategies
- Collaborate with technical teams on development projects and internal stakeholders to ensure user requirements and deliverables are met
- Develop and maintain a broad knowledge of the tech industry, the best practices and solutions in reliability engineering, and the associated technical, security and operational issues to make informed recommendations to the team
- Gather feedback from users and internal stakeholders to understand and identify user needs and requirements to develop new tooling capabilities
- You’ll work based out of our Amsterdam office.
Who you are
- You are a self-starter who likes taking ownership, can manage projects effectively and have experience with bringing something from conception to a successful launch
- You are familiar with logging, tracing, monitoring and metrics
- You are familiar with best practices around achieving observability
- You are an extremely quick learner
- You have outstanding analytical skills, and are not afraid to dive into complex, technical subjects
- You are a good communicator and are able to create your own network
- You can communicate in English fluently, both written and verbally, and are not afraid to get out there to let your voice be heard
- You take pride in putting your team first, you value teams over ego
- You can work well with technical teams
- You are graduated with an academic, preferably technical or engineering background
- Experience in an IT/software company is a plus
- You are familiar with tools such as:
- Logging tools (Logsearch, elasticSearch/Kibana, OpenTelemetry)
- Visualization tools (Grafana, Looker, DataDog)
- Monitoring tools (SLOs)
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ready to meet us?
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility. Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.