This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Head of POS Terminals Support
In this role, based in Amsterdam, you will lead a team that operates as a first interface with Adyen’s merchants across the globe. You will guide the POS support team to directly work with the technical teams of our amazing merchant base. Changes you make for them have a direct impact on their ability to take payments and further grow their business. In order to do this, you will be working closely with multiple different teams, such as Sales, Account Management, and Product Development.
Your team is extremely merchant-focused, highly motivated, and thrives on shared success. You will be part of an international team with diverse backgrounds and skill sets. With Adyen being a 24/7 business we operate throughout time zones using a follow the sun principle. The extensive payments knowledge of the team is the most valuable aspect both to our merchants and our internal teams.
What you'll do
- Lead the team that is a key source of knowledge on the Adyen platform and APIs, the underlying technology stack, and industry-standard integration methods and best practices
- Recruit talented POS Support Engineers who can contribute to Adyen’s and our merchant’s growth
- Coach and mentor members of the Support team to fully prepare Technical Support Engineers to resolve technical challenges for Adyen’s merchants and grow their careers
- Define and clearly communicate objectives and goals for the Support team
- Track team progress and success, and present results to Senior Leadership
Who you are
- You are a people leader, and have experience developing technical teams
- You are innovative, with strong problem-solving capabilities and able to define robust processes and procedures
- You are able to serve as an escalation point to varied technical support requests and issues
- Payments or Fintech experience is not required, but you must be able to communicate your enthusiasm for the space
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to travel, both domestically and internationally where required.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.