This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We are honest, direct, and try to have some fun too. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. To maintain our momentum, we need people to join us in finding new ways of solving our unique challenges - people like you.
Adyen is looking for an Underwriting Analyst to be based in our San Francisco office. This role will focus on the U.S. portfolio in reviewing new prospects, mitigating our brand risk, and validating KYC documentation to meet our standards. This position will report to the Team Lead, Risk & Compliance, of Adyen - North America.
What you’ll do
- Review new prospect KYC documents to ensure they meet our requirements as well as determine the overall risk of their business model
- Provide support and guidance to Sales and Account Management on prospects in regards to our restricted and prohibited business models
- Perform periodic reviews and report on existing merchants to ensure compliance with Payment Industry Brand rules and regulations as well as our KYC requirements
- Help refine tools and practices to optimize manual reviews
- Provide internal support for audit, compliance, and reporting activities
- Provide continuous feedback and work cross functionally to innovate on current products
Who you are
- 1+ years of experience in KYC (know your customer) and due diligence for merchant onboarding experience
- You can think critically about complex problems, appropriately weigh many factors and reach a definitive conclusion
- You are efficient and enjoy working in a global, fast-paced environment that is ever changing
- You have solid interpersonal skills, and are able to connect with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and merchants from varying disciplines and cultures
- You have a bachelor’s degree and experience with payments, risk, compliance, or the financial industry
- You have knowledge of Visa/Mastercard rules, with specific experience in Card Not Present Payments
- You have a clear understanding of AML, KYC, OFAC and other Federal regulatory guidelines
- You have a high level of self-motivation, and are able to define structure and prioritize
- You enjoy the flexibility and autonomy to join and create new projects that leave a lasting impact
- This role is based out of our San Francisco office
- Some domestic and international travel required
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!
Adyen is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records