This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Finance Data Manager
Adyen is looking for a Finance Data Manager to join the Group Finance team in Amsterdam. The Group Finance team is globally responsible for forecasting, accounting, reporting, tax and investor relations amongst other responsibilities. To facilitate the wide range of financial data needed for these purposes, the team is in the process of creating a centralized finance data warehouse. To manage this process efficiently and support the growth of the team and Adyen as a whole, we are looking for a Finance Data Manager. The ideal candidate is someone who is able to work with a wide range of stakeholders to understand data requirements and translate these requirements in a structured manager into actionable results. They will have experience working with both finance teams and data/technical teams.
What you’ll do
- Gather data requirements from the various finance teams, identify the availability of the data in the relevant systems (in-house billing, in-house bank, in-house payments platform and Workday) and work with the technical teams to make it available in the centralized finance database
- Facilitate the increasing financial and tax reporting obligations both for internal and external stakeholders
- Deliver on dashboarding or other automated reporting needed to track progress of the project or as needed by other teams
- Work together with finance teams to identify processes which can be streamlined by leveraging the centralized finance database and execute the project plans together with technical teams and finance colleagues;
Who you are
- Academically trained in a quantitative field such as Econometrics, Statistics, Computer Science or another technical major;
- Have recent relevant experience (5 years) within finance processes, finance systems and/or interacting with finance databases
- Have demonstrated success with design and architecture of technology solutions
- Have proven ability to communicate complex requirements to diverse stakeholders at multiple levels
- You are self-motivated, take ownership, dedicated, have a ‘can-do’ attitude and a positive outlook
- You are comfortable with not having all the answers and not afraid to make mistakes
- You are a great connector and able to engage people for complex matters
- Bonus points: Ability to build database queries in SQL or Python
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.