This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We believe that building an ethical business isn’t optional, and in thinking of how we can improve our own social responsibility, we wondered how vast an impact we could have together with our merchants. We decided to focus on what we’re good at, creating seamless experiences for shoppers — now, with an impact perspective. All of our Impact products are built with Adyen’s core mission to help merchants meet their business, and now social and environmental, goals.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify. We continue to serve our merchants and meet their growing needs/expectations to grow beyond payment acceptance, and contribute to the long-term prosperity of people and the planet.
Our engineers are reshaping the payments landscape. We’re looking for more talented problem solvers to help us address a unique set of challenges.
Within the Impact stream, we build functionalities to seamlessly position our merchants and their shoppers to do good. We can deliver on this promise by building products that are straightforward to implement, do not interfere with business operations and ensure processing costs do not take away from the end goal - to generate funds for good causes. We are not seeking margin when it comes to our Impact products, we are committing and investing in a strong infrastructure that will help our merchants generate funds for charities and climate action projects that are close to their brand and strategy.
By leveraging our existing technology, we built Giving, a checkout product feature that enables shoppers to donate to the merchants’ charity of choice with one click. Through this feature, we are able to facilitate our merchants’ shoppers’ desires to do good, and create additional revenue streams for charities. We also launched Restore, a product feature that enables our merchants’ shoppers to carbon compensate at checkout.
Going forward, we
- Continue to scope new product features and build the best and seamless impact solutions - building on Adyen`s industry leading payment engine
- Build and provide tangible insights to our merchants and charities around new unlocked income streams
- Lead by example when it comes to charity onboarding - not sacrificing due diligence when creating more speed/scale
Who you are:
- Interest in social responsibility projects
- You want to put your strengths to work in a way that is aligned with your purpose and contributes to achieving social and environmental change
- You have experience with Core Java, web services, REST APIs and SQL/PostgreSQL
- You enjoy working on automation and improvement of internal processes with cross-functional teams
- You are able to define, implement and monitor performance KPIs to quickly identify opportunities for improvement in existing systems
- You like to challenge the status quo and ask the ‘why’ question
- You think about how businesses would consume and benefit from your changes
- You have a sharp eye for detail, like to work precisely yet pragmatic
- You know how to get things done while reaching out and involving other people to hear different perspectives
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the criteria then Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.