This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Financial Controller - IPP (in Person Payments)
Adyen is looking for a Financial Controller to join the Systems Control and Analysis team within Group Finance. As a Financial Controller on IPP you will be responsible for systems controls such as terminal inventory reconciliations, COGS calculations and the monthly financial reporting processes, including account analysis and reconciliations in our global operations. A good understanding of accounting will get you off to a great start in this role, in combination with an open mind and willingness to take on new projects, and ability to work cross functionally, success is almost guaranteed.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for preparing manual journals on COGS, performing month-end close activities such as reconciliation of inventories, reporting of the financial results to the group
- You have strong excel skills and know how to optimize finance systems and constantly look for continuous improvement of daily activities
- Build relationships with all teams across the IPP value chain (Account management, Sales, Supply chain) to assist on strategy and future planning
- You work with various teams to improve the speed and accuracy on financial data extraction and delivery
- Driving the efficiency of the accounting processes to ensure a smooth audit both internally and externally
Who you are
- 1-3 years of experience in finance/accounting
- Expert level knowledge of Excel mastering the use of pivot tables and formulas
- Ability to analyze data and drive process improvements/automations
- Detail-oriented and have strong analytical and multi-tasking skills
- Proactive in projects you take on, able to work independently but never afraid to ask for help
- Able to think 2 steps ahead, making sure that implemented solutions are scalable for Adyen’s rapid growth
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 5 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.