This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Our engineers are reshaping the payments landscape. We’re looking for more talented problem solvers to help us address a unique set of challenges.
Have you ever been in a situation where doing what should be a simple thing requires a lot of work? Are you passionate about improving such inefficient workflows? Do you want to work on those changes at scale? Then you came to the right place!
At the Development Tools team we do just that: focus on providing hundreds of developers with tooling and services to work efficiently in a dynamic and growing environment. While we know this is not an easy task, it is very satisfying to see the results of your work in action!
More specifically, the Development Tools team enables the development workflows, manages the build systems, testing frameworks, and code quality tools, empowers collaboration through an integrated team environment, and other developer tools. Some examples of the projects that are driven by our team are the optimization of our build system, migration to merge requests, automation of merging new code, developing the Development CLI, ensuring consistency of our unit and integration tests.
Who you are:
- Passionate about enabling other developers to be efficient and autonomous
- Able to reason about, optimize and scale development workflows, build dev tools
- Able to clearly understand problems and come up with optimal and sustainable solutions
- Focused on getting the solutions into production
- Motivated, responsible and a reliable team player
- Can work autonomously
- Eager to learn and improve
- Willing to share the on-call duty with your teammates for the services the team provides
- Able to provide clean, reliable and understandable code
- Expert in one of the build tools, such as Gradle
- Good knowledge of Java and scripting languages, such as Python, Bash, Groovy
- Good understanding of Software Delivery Lifecycle, Development Workflows
- Experience with IDE setup, such as IntelliJ IDEA
- Comfortable working with containers and Kubernetes
- Nice to have:
- Experience with SQL databases, such as PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of testing frameworks such as JUnit
- Knowledge of static analysis tools such as SpotBugs, Checkstyle
Your key responsibilities:
- Design, implement and deliver development tools and services
- Optimize existing development workflows
- Support developers with answers about the tools and services we provide
- Make sure the tools and services provided by our team are up and running
- Investigate and fix issues
- Take actions to prevent future issues
- Collaborate with other engineering and infrastructure teams to come up with best solutions for the problems at hand
- Drive adoption of clean code, coding best practices, development productivity improvements
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam or Madrid. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands or Spain.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the criteria then Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.