This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays. We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like eBay, GoFundMe, Spotify, Uber, Booking, LinkedIn, Wise, Microsoft, Nike, McDonalds.
UX Writing at Adyen
Adyen’s UX organization is building the future of payments. We make sure our users are at the center of our product and business decisions, so that we build the right experiences in the right way. The UX org consists of Product Design, UX Research, UX Writing, and UX Analytics. The UX Writing team focuses on creating content that shapes and uncomplicates experiences across our entire product offering. We partner with designers on products where content will have the biggest impact for our users, and we prioritize collaboration with teams like research, product, and development.
We also create guidelines and strategies for non-writers to more effectively and consistently create content on their own. We have a small (but passionate!) team, so every person’s impact has to reach far across the company. We’re working hard to make sure everyone knows that innovating fintech means content has to be considered an essential piece of the experience strategy.
Keep in mind, this is not a content marketing role!
What you’ll do:
- Manage, coach and grow a growing team of impact-driven UX writers
- Advocate for UX writing by creating programs and trainings, and fostering partnerships with stakeholders from product, UX, engineering, and more
- Shape and drive UX writing at Adyen, including setting (and achieving!) goals aligned with company strategy, honing our ways of working, and executing a scalable content strategy
- Contribute to and oversee content initiatives, frameworks, and guidelines that impact product and drive business goals
- Co-own the recruitment process for new UX team members, and build a diverse team of top writing talent
- Cultivate an inclusive, collaborative, and open team culture based on constructive feedback, given early and often
Who you are:
- You’re an accomplished UX Writer with a track record of working on product, guidelines and design systems, and strategies to scale content
- You enjoy inspiring, coaching, and mentoring UX team members in their craft and career goals
- You’re a skilled collaborator with experience getting broad organizational support in executing a UX strategy
- You’re an excellent communicator who can voice clear ideas for how content strategy positively influences design and product
- You’re just as passionate about storytelling within the product experience as you are about spotting missing Oxford commas, but you know which to prioritize and when
- You have the ability to understand what each UX Writer on your team needs to thrive and feel fulfilled. You embody the values that make up the Adyen Formula
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Sounds like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
If you still think this is not the right role for you, please check our Design Lead or UX Writing Lead roles. How about sharing it with a friend or colleague who might be interested?