This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Camper, eBay, GoFundMe, Bonobos, and Spotify.
UX Data Analyst
Adyen is looking for a Data Analyst to join our UX Analytics team in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate is someone who is able to approach and understand complex problems in a structured manner, while converting the results into a compelling and actionable story for internal stakeholders.
Whether you come from the payments space or not, we need you to be an independent and enthusiastic thinker who is curious about how the payments ecosystem works and how people experience complex financial products.
What you’ll do
- Framework Development - Work collaboratively with our cross-functional product and data teams to develop scalable and reusable frameworks for evaluating behavioral patterns found in large datasets and answer the most pressing product questions.
- Data Analysis - Determine the necessary data required to solve a wide variety of user experience problems; extract required data, and draw conclusions and recommendations. Whether it’s providing insights to our key products or facilitating new experiments with our merchants, you’ll be driving new initiatives to help Adyen grow 20x.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert - Adyen’s SME for both merchants and internal stakeholders on user journey optimization.
- Data Strategy - Shape next generation BI and data infrastructure. Build self service tools to enable product users.
- Storytelling - Turn your findings into effective communication and concise, actionable advice by connecting the data to a story.
Who you are
- Demonstrable impact in a similar role within a previous company
- Technical Aptitude:
- Excellent in working with data visualization platforms (e.g. Countly, Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Looker)
- Good understanding how websites and apps are build and work
- Experience using stats (A/B testing, regression)
- Nice to have: experience with analytical and modeling skills, with proficiency in tools such as R, Python, and database SQL.
- Global Perspective: Ability to interface seamlessly with a global, multicultural team (excellent collaboration skills, culturally aware, both internally and with customers) and enthusiastic and open to meet with the team.
Data positions at Adyen
We know companies handle different definitions for their data-related positions, this is for instance dependent on the size of a company. Since the birth of the Data Solution and the growth of all data streams, we categorized and defined all our positions. Have a look at this blogpost to find out!
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Do you recognize yourself in this statement? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3-5 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.