This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos and Spotify.
Operational Support Specialist
The Operational Support team exists of people from various backgrounds offering support to our merchants worldwide. This team is considered to be Adyen’s first point of contact for merchant with a wide variety of technical, and operational requests. This in turn allows you to work closely with multiple different teams and departments, such as Technical Support, Account Management, Underwriting and Sales Support. Being on the forefront of Adyen means that you’re not only discussing solutions with our merchants from a business or technical perspective, but also have the opportunity to get a good understanding of their challenges and needs in order to communicate this internally. You will be encouraged to share your ideas on how we can innovate or improve our business.
This team is extremely merchant-focused, operates in a fast pace environment and consists of highly motivated team members. Extensive payments knowledge, a thorough technical understanding of our platform and the pro-active attitude towards helping our merchants is what characterizes the team.
What you'll do
- Answer in-depth merchant requests about the Adyen platform and provide the necessary guidance
- Optimize and automate processes, with a strong focus on scalability
- Be an internal product advocate, track product processes and contribute to the platform feeding back feedback and issues you get back from merchants
- Serve as a payment specialist for merchants, actively helping them to optimize their account and grow their business by utilizing the features of our platform
- Provide technical and operational assistance to merchants troubleshooting via phone, web-based tools and email.
Who you are
- You have a great sense of responsibility, take ownership for your work, get a sense of achievement from solving a problem and helping others
- You are proactive, curious, socially competent and not afraid to speak up
- You are self-driven, flexible and have the ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision; you feel comfortable working in a high pace environment and can make quick and informed decisions under pressure
- You are innovative, have strong problem-solving capabilities and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly, while dealing with many varied technical requests and challenges
- You have affinity for or a strong interest in technical and operational processes and you are interested in learning more about technical processes; you will also actively seek the answers of what you don’t know. Experience in a technology driven company or role is a definite plus.
- You can speak and write English fluently; additional languages will be considered a plus
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.