This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Camper, Glovo, and Spotify. Our engineers are reshaping the payments landscape. We’re looking for more talented problem solvers to help us address a unique set of challenges
For our growing team in Madrid, Spain, we are looking for and an enthusiastic and hands-on Account Manager who can learn fast and make quick decisions to provide best in class service to our merchants. At the same time you have a strategic mind, are able to build and develop solid business relationships and provide impactful payments insights to our merchants.
What you’ll do
- Relationship management: establish productive, trusting and professional relationships with key personnel within each of the merchants of your portfolio in Spain;
- Strategic consultation: proactively assess and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis. Act as the human dimension of Adyen’s product, delivering expertise, education, and payment guidance to merchants;
- Commercial/portfolio growth: By focusing on meeting merchant needs, developing the service provided and understanding the merchant’s and Adyen’s financials, revenues, costs and margins, meets strategic and financial targets for the assigned merchant Continually reevaluate your success through the use of strategic account plans, internal reporting, and merchant feedback;
- Collaboration: work with individuals and teams across the organization to ensure the best possible merchant experience and to develop with your colleagues professionally;
- Feedback: serve as a feedback loop for the organization, gathering merchant’s feedback, evaluating the evolution of merchant needs, and communicating these to product and management staff.
Who you are
- You are someone inspired by the potential for innovation in the payments space, and passionate in your drive to push boundaries and create value;
- You are a proactive and flexible person who can work autonomously and at the same time enjoys team work, improving ideas and proposals with peers, engaging the key people to get the right solution to serve the best interest of our merchants;
- You have the ability to execute, to lead and manage time-sensitive, cross-functional tasks in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment with limited supervision;
- You have 3 to 6 years of experience in a client -facing role, preferably in account management in complex enterprise software, technical infrastructure or financial services, or in the payments industry from a merchant side;
- You are fluent in English and Spanish.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Madrid. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of Spain.