This is Adyen
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Today, we're the payments platform of choice for the world's brightest companies. Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity, of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Overview of the role
We are looking for an Automation Engineer who will use their technical skills to support our teams in identifying and automating repetitive tasks. You will also be expected to contribute in supporting our colleagues with general IT tasks. With a hands-on attitude, you have a natural enthusiasm for helping others and contributing to enhanced productivity of our dynamic workforce.
What you’ll do
- You will be responsible for automating repetitive support tasks using various technologies like Ansible, Bash and Python.
- You will assist in automating package deployment using Munki and AutoPkg.
- Improve the user experience by helping develop various (web) applications that simplify workflows.
Who you are
- A puzzle solver who likes to think outside the box and solve issues by combining the different key skills you have.
- Sociable: Open in communication and talk about issues you may face during your work to speed up projects.
- Friendly and open to new ideas: A person who is open to new perspectives and will collaborate with others in order to reach the best possible solution with our ongoing and future projects.
Key skills required
- You have experience with programming or scripting languages like Python and Bash.
- You are able to identify repetitive tasks and take initiative to automate them.
- You are no stranger to the Terminal and you know how to navigate the filesystem and edit files without the use of a GUI.
- You are experienced with MacOS or UNIX-like operating systems.
- You are comfortable with creating documentation for technical and non-technical users.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Even if you don’t meet 100% of the criteria then Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.