This is Adyen
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things every day. We face unique technical challenges at scale and we solve those as a team. And together, we deliver innovative and ethical solutions that transform the way the world pays.
We took an unobvious approach to starting a payments company, building a platform from scratch. Now, Adyen serves the world's brightest companies like Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos and Spotify.
HR Business Partner
We’re looking for an HR Business Partner to support and team leads in our Amsterdam and/or European teams, to ensure they’re growing and getting the best from their people. You’ll also be working closely with our bigger HR team to enhance hiring, learning, compensation and innovation initiatives in these regions.
Our best HRBPs thrive in our fast-paced, constantly-changing, entrepreneurial environment, and aren’t afraid to challenge our leaders’ thinking, take ownership of challenges, and roll up their sleeves to help get things off the ground.
You create impact by:
- Being an effective sparring partner for team leads to all things related to people in their teams. Coaching managers to get the best from their teams, which includes discussing their teams’ impact with them bi-annually, and helping them decide how to grow and compensate their teams;
- Collaborating with a global, cross-functional team of subject-matter experts in HR (recruitment, compensation and benefits, learning and development and innovation projects) to develop, enhance and launch initiatives that meet the needs of our teams and help us retain and grow the best people in each region;
- Identifying - and acting on - trends and opportunities that point to better ways of doing things as we scale;
- Challenging managers on their thinking, and guiding them on difficult conversations when it’s appropriate to do so;
- Guiding managers when a team member is struggling to make impact;
- Acting as an ambassador for the Adyen Formula and the Adyen Way of Leading Teams, guiding managers to apply our core values in their day-to-day decisions.
Who you are
- You’ve got at least 5 years’ experience working with managers and leaders at all levels, in a people partnering role at a high-pace company;
- You have a strong sense of self, build trust quickly, and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo with managers;
- You understand organisational dynamics, know what healthy, motivated, growing teams look like, and can give guidance on what to do to make this even better;
- You’re hands-on, but know how to collaborate and prioritise, constantly looking for how things can be done more simply or automated;
- You’re excited to try new approaches and do things differently, and aren’t afraid to “build as you go”;
- You’re well versed in international labour law, and know how to get answers for the things you don’t know;
- You communicate with influence, in professional business English.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitments
Our unobvious approach is a product of our diverse perspectives. This diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives is essential in helping us maintain our momentum. Our business and technical challenges are unique, we need as many different voices as possible to join us in solving them - voices like yours. So no matter where you’re from, who you love, or what you believe in, we welcome you to be your true self at Adyen.
Studies show that women and members of underrepresented communities apply for jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Does it sound like you? If so, Adyen encourages you to reconsider and apply. We look forward to your application.
Ensuring a smooth and enjoyable candidate experience is critical for us. We aim to get back to you regarding your application within 3 business days. Our interview process tends to take between 3 or 4 weeks to complete. Don’t be afraid to let us know if you need more flexibility.
Please, note that this role is a full-time position in Amsterdam. It will require a relocation in case you live outside of the Netherlands.